Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supervalu tika Masala recipe question

Options
  • 18-04-2016 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

I picked out a receipt from the super value good food karma project but am struggling to follow the simple instructions! https://supervalu.ie/real-food/good-food-karma/recipe/chicken-tikka-masala

It says to cook the chicken with spices(???), add the tandoori paste and simmer for 45 mins. Seems strange to simmer in 1 tbsp Tandoori paste for 45 mins.

It then says to cook the sauce separate add later.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The recipe was likely written for a completely different set of ingredients at some point in the past - and its a relatively odd set of ingredients at that. Find a different one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Definitely looks like there's something missing frontage alright. At the very least, seems like the ingredients/shopping list should contain some spices.
    Reading your post, I had thought it might be end of those jars with the prices in one section and sauce in other, but doesn't seem to be

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭FrasierCrane

Decided to abort. It's clearly all over the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Parsley and mixed herbs in Tikka Masala? Like others have said, not even worth trying

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sounds like someone clearing out a press of random stuff!

If you click on "buy ingredients" it lists schwartz tandoori powder and no paste.

• Advertisement
Advertisement