Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teak Deck Effect Plywood

• 18-04-2016 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi

I am looking to replace the locker cover / seats in my cockpit

They are getting very shoddy and 2 are definitely beyond salvage.

They are a teak effect plywood and I wonder if anyone knows where in Ireland I could get a sheet of same?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

connel42 wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking to replace the locker cover / seats in my cockpit

They are getting very shoddy and 2 are definitely beyond salvage.

They are a teak effect plywood and I wonder if anyone knows where in Ireland I could get a sheet of same?

You can get it here http://www.wallerwickham.ie/ You could also use ordinary ply and cover it in something like permateek https://www.donedeal.ie/boatextras-for-sale/permateek-the-ultimate-synthetic-deckin/9946199

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭connel42

Thanks Fergal

I tried Wallers and they don't stock anymore as very expensive.

I have decided to restore what's there.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

A cheep and easy way to do it is like on my other boat I just stained the plywood and used a car pinstripe in-between.

003.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Markcheese

There's a stick on pvc, wood effect planking available, (flexible,non slip blah blah,blah), google dec-king , looks really good, i'll pm you the irish agent if you want....
    Ps its my sister in laws partner who's the agent..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement