Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming pool changing rooms

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

pwurple wrote: »
    Look at this. :rolleyes:

Obviously my husband has gone to some serious effort in his perverseness. I mean, he had to meet me, go out for about a decade, live together, get married, do some fertility stuff, evenutally manage to have a child. Thank his lucky stars it was a girl rather than a useless boy, persuade us all that she liked swimming, just so he could arrange a trip to a swimming pool to see someone changing their clothes. That is some serious planning. What a champ.

Just to be serious, you would be suprised to see the extents that abusers have gone to give them access to potential targets, the time frame you outline in jest is not that unusual in many cases

But to be clear , this is not a topic relating to potential perversion , merely to do with privacy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Obviously my husband has gone to some serious effort in his perverseness. I mean, he had to meet me, go out for about a decade, live together, get married, do some fertility stuff, evenutally manage to have a child. Thank his lucky stars it was a girl rather than a useless boy, persuade us all that she liked swimming, just so he could arrange a trip to a swimming pool to see someone changing their clothes. That is some serious planning. What a champ.

Champ and all as he is he has NO BUSINESS walking in on other people or other people's kids in a state of undress.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

ThisRegard wrote: »

It's ridiculous people are still arguing that men should be allowed into a female dressing room outside of closed sessions.

And exactly who is arguing that except someone who isn't around for the last 10 pages or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

No one is calling your husband a pervert. Stop over reacting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Good for you. I've also been a teenage girl and I wouldn't get changed in front of anyone in my teens. Even after pe I was always in trouble for being late to pe/class after pe because I was too self conscious to change in front of all my female classmates. Good for you having no body hang ups or insecurities but plenty of teenagers and women do.

Not to get to mechanical about it, but all anyone sees is knees down and shoulders up if you have a towel.

I'm not one for letting it all hang out by any means, but i'm not terribly self conscious about my calves.

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    No one is calling your husband a pervert. Stop over reacting.

Pretty sure Lexie is, about two posts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

My daughters always changed in the male changing rooms with me. The rule on the door was up to the age of 8. Now they go in to the female changing rooms on their own. I'd imagine there would be a few complaints if I strolled in to see if the youngest (6) needed any help.
    Tbh I'd probably be more mortified than any of the women walking about in there.

No she is saying he has no right to walk unannounced into a women's changing room when women may be walking around with their bits on show. Surely you don't object to that ?

Champ and all as he is he has NO BUSINESS walking in on other people or other people's kids in a state of undress.

Lexie... He really has no choice. in order to put clothes on a 5 year old in a changing room without cubicles, every parent does it.

Heck, I do it.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Again, the point that's raging is not about kids. Simple fact of life is that some people, all at some stage of their life, don't want to be seen naked by someone of their own sex, never mind the opposite, and I'm dumbfounded that peole think this decision should be removed from them.
    No the example Pwurple was making was mummy changing her daughter and accusing a man to be a pervert because he wanted to get his daughter dressed. The mother was dressed. And I know exactly what she is talking about because in my local swimming pool often adults take over cubicles and dump their stuff in so nobody will ogle the kids (adults don't get changed). Then other adult swimmers who come after child lessons have nowhere to change because communal changing rooms are unisex and full of parents of different genders again changing their kids.

• Advertisement

Would you cop on to yourself. I don't know your husband. I don't care what his reasons are for walking in on women getting undressed, but it's out of order. He has no right to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Lexie... He really has no choice. in order to put clothes on a 5 year old in a changing room without cubicles, every parent does it.

Heck, I do it.

sorry, why do you mix up the issues

if a father needs to aid the dressing of any " kid" , he brings them into the male dressing room

equally a mother brings hers kids into a female dressing room

why are you confusing the issue. The issue is simple, the vast majority on this thread agree with the outcome and a few people are just arguing for the sake of it or persist in confusing things

eviltwin wrote: »
    No she is saying he has no right to walk unannounced into a women's changing room when women may be walking around with their bits on show. Surely you don't object to that ?

Oh yes, I agree with adults. But I don't see the word adult in that post and I'm talking about children's swim lessons, which I believe was also the OP.

I was being facetious btw, and deliberately so, as I assume some the posts in here are jokes of some kind.

Maybe the changing rooms I frequent are different to everyone else, but there is no parade of nudity in any of the ones I attend. It's people getting quickly dressed, usually facing the wall, with towels.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Heck, I do it.

Ahh come on pwurple? Of course he has a choice - take your daughter into the men's dressing room with him. Every parent doesn't do it, clearly.

Ahh come on pwurple? Of course he has a choice - take your daughter into the men's dressing room with him. Every parent doesn't do it, clearly.

Em, there are obviously children undressed in there too?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Pwurple, a closed session where it's all kids of a similar age with their parents helping them get dressed after a lesson is fine in my view.

A public session where a bloke can reasonably assume that there are varying ages of girls and teens as well as women in the communal changing rooms is different, and he should not assume he has the right to walk in just because he happens to have his 4year old daughter with him. He doesn't get to do that no matter how noble his intentions might be.

Neyite wrote: »
    Pwurple, a closed session where it's all kids of a similar age with their parents helping them get dressed after a lesson is fine in my view.

A public session where a bloke can reasonably assume that there are varying ages of girls and teens as well as women in the communal changing rooms is different, and he should not assume he has the right to walk in just because he happens to have his 4year old daughter with him. He doesn't get to do that no matter how noble his intentions might be.

And indeed he didn't. It was a private session, no adults swimming, all similar age.

I don't get the hysteria is all.

Em, there are obviously children undressed in there too?

And?

And indeed he didn't. It was a private session, no adults swimming, all similar age.

We are talking about open swims only. I think the reference to naked teens and adults makes that obvious.

I think some points here are intentionally misunderstood so argument can go on. It's fun though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am closing this thread before it gets completely out of hand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement