Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport primary schools

Options
  • 18-04-2016 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi...can anyone recommend a good primary school in westport? Preferably one where religion is not too focused on...I know bring ireland they are all religious except educate together and I see there are none of these schools in westport. .thanks...I am debating between the quays and schoil phaidraig.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Both the Quay and Scoil Phadraig are good schools.

Holy Trinity ( Church of Ireland ) used to accept non Church of Ireland kids, but I think they are oversubscribed these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Schools these days are less religion orientated you will find.
    My kids go to Scoil Phadraig. Religion is nearly obsolete in schools now. Multi cultural in the classroom in most schools.
    Don't fret too much. Go visit them all and chat to the principal. Scoil Phadraig moving to new school in February 2017 on Newport Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

My three all went to the Quay School, they were/are very happy there and my wife & I are too.

The other schools are fine too - really a matter of your personal preference and what's most convenient. Don't forget Gaelscoil na Cruaiche on the Golf Course road is there as well.

Advertisement