Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRIVIT PRO Bluetooth Speed & Cadence Sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭diarmaidol

I have a wahoo one, I find it nice to get speed and cadence data into Strava etc. If you are going to use your phone all the time and or go the Polar Bike computer route then it's a good idea. Unlike My Wahoo this one probably doesn't do Ant+ so you won't be able to use it with a Garmin in the future if you go that way.

The Speed sensor serves nearly more purpose on a turbo trainer where you can use it to keep an eye on effort levels. But for use with a new phone supporting Bluetooth LE or to get you going with trainer road for handy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

might be best on the turbo trainer. Might just use it for that, currently have a cheap Argos speedometer thing and its terrible. Either im really fast or im actually doing 10k at the speed of light, i have tried everything i can to adjust, its just s**t. so when i seen this, it might work better

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

might be best on the turbo trainer. Might just use it for that, currently have a cheap Argos speedometer thing and its terrible. Either im really fast or im actually doing 10k at the speed of light, i have tried everything i can to adjust, its just s**t. so when i seen this, it might work better

No idea how good this is but I have often found Crivit products to be way better than any cheapie Argos product.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Back on sale in Lidl from today. Anyone using one? Speed sensor working fine but cadence refuses to behave even with minimum(zero) clearance....

EDIT: Nice QC there lidl. There was no magnet inside the crank strap. De nada. Empty. No wonder it magically started working when I placed a neodymium on the crank. Bloody child labourers are useless....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

ED E wrote: »
    Back on sale in Lidl from today. Anyone using one? Speed sensor working fine but cadence refuses to behave even with minimum(zero) clearance....

EDIT: Nice QC there lidl. There was no magnet inside the crank strap. De nada. Empty. No wonder it magically started working when I placed a neodymium on the crank. Bloody child labourers are useless....

It's the luck of the draw with the Lidl/Aldi stuff. You could purchase another one and it would last you through a nuclear apocalypse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I'm using one of them, and it hasn't let me down. Connects across to my phone okay, which is what I use when recording rides.

If you are using a computer that is ANT only, it will not do it, but for the price it's grand (if you get one that is all there)

Linked to the Strava app fine but the free version only showing avg and peak for the entire ride is quite limiting.

Will computer up at some stage in the future, right now its empty bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fader123

Picked one of these up today in Lidl East Wall (still plenty available around 6 this evening). My Wahoo Elemnt Bolt found it ok which is what I was hoping, and there is now an RPM field on the main data page. Haven't fitted it to the bike or tried it out yet, hoping to do so this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Linked to the Strava app fine but the free version only showing avg and peak for the entire ride is quite limiting.

Will computer up at some stage in the future, right now its empty bars.

Can't get mine to connect to Strava. The custom Crivit app sees it alright but Strava just keeps searching without finding. Any tips?

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Can't get mine to connect to Strava. The custom Crivit app sees it alright but Strava just keeps searching without finding. Any tips?

One app at a time and its fine. Gotta disconnect the crivit then pair in Strava.

Data in free strava is too limited to be arsed. Avg cadence for the entire run? Pfft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

One app at a time and its fine. Gotta disconnect the crivit then pair in Strava.

Data in free strava is too limited to be arsed. Avg cadence for the entire run? Pfft.

If you click and drag over regions on the graphs (desktop website) it will give you avg/max values for that section instead of the whole activity. Click "Overview" again to go back to full activity view.

There's also the StravistiX chrome plugin which I haven't used but looks pretty powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 goldie03uk

They are half price now if you can get them that is
    I just picked one up for €10 and iv seen them second hand for that price too

Brian wrote: »
    If you click and drag over regions on the graphs (desktop website) it will give you avg/max values for that section instead of the whole activity. Click "Overview" again to go back to full activity view.

There's also the StravistiX chrome plugin which I haven't used but looks pretty powerful.

So this is what I was looking at
    x4PK0X5.png

But Brian you're right
    o7xDBGn.png

Having it here would be nice though, IMO.
    HJzmfNJ.png

Stravisitix doesnt change that little bit. Really I need a computer to watch it live, after the fact is of little use. Maybe time to become a Wahooligan. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fader123

fader123 wrote: »
    Picked one of these up today in Lidl East Wall (still plenty available around 6 this evening). My Wahoo Elemnt Bolt found it ok which is what I was hoping, and there is now an RPM field on the main data page. Haven't fitted it to the bike or tried it out yet, hoping to do so this weekend!

quick update to say I have been using this for the past few weeks with the Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and it works no problems at all, very handy for live info on cadence. Haven't got into after-the-fact analysis yet(!) but all the stats are there in Strava.

Advertisement