Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running shoe question????

Options
  • 18-04-2016 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭

Quick question for anyone out there.....I just purchased new running shoes - Asics Gel Nimbus 18 - but when I run in them, the bottom of my left foot burns. ??? I am assuming the burning sensation is from friction, so I thought it logical to tighten my shoelaces some, but that didn't remedy a thing. The right foot is totally fine, and I've tried wearing different socks. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?? I've worn my share of Asics Gel Nimbuses in the past, so they are not new as a brand/style to me. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Is your left foot slightly longer than right?
    Is the shoe insole sitting properly in the shoe?
    Is there any grit or sand under the sock liner?

When a shoe bends or compresses there is heat generated which can be reflected or transferred to the skin which gives a burning sensation. If the socks are non cotton, the shoes are the right fit with toe space, and there is nothing under the sock-liner or it is not twisted slightly or creased I would be looking to replace the pair as they are not working right for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

I find sometimes with runners I can feel the lacers cutting to the top of my right foot. To remedy this I wear " thousand miles socks" and I don't seem to have any problem after that.

I've always thought my right foot is bigger than my left.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Doeshedare

I've gotten this a few times when I start using new shoes (and mine are Asics Cumulus, very similar to Nimbus). I found it went away after a few weeks, sort of a wearing in issue. It was both feet in my case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

i guess apart from the fact that shoes sometimes can take a few runs to be worn in . it could be you have dead skin a your left feet and need to scrape it of ;-) ( i know that dosnt sound nice but its normal when you cycle and run a lot )
    of course the question is does it happen just in this shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

peter kern wrote: »
    i guess apart from the fact that shoes sometimes can take a few runs to be worn in . it could be you have dead skin a your left feet and need to scrape it of ;-) ( i know that dosnt sound nice but its normal when you cycle and run a lot )
    of course the question is does it happen just in this shoe.

:D The dead skin thing.

But to your question - it only happens in this shoe. Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

than troubleshooting 1
    use the insole of another left shoe and see what happens.
    if that dosnt work
    use the insole of the asics in another shoe ...
    and then you know more ( or not ;-)

Advertisement