Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text not received to add a payee

Options
  • 18-04-2016 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi Guys,

I have tried 3 times now to add a payee, even entered random security code to get it re-sent: still no SMS received... Can you please check your server and make sure the texts are sent?...

Thanks!

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

jcn50 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have tried 3 times now to add a payee, even entered random security code to get it re-sent: still no SMS received... Can you please check your server and make sure the texts are sent?...

Thanks!

Regards.
    Hi jcn50, thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you haven’t received your security code for activating your new payee.

Please can you check that your message inbox is not full and then power off your mobile before turning it back on. 
    Also make sure that you’ve got good network coverage and if you’re abroad at the moment check that you’ve international roaming enabled.

If you’re still not receiving your security codes, please call 0818 365 365 and one of our advisers will be able to look into this further for you.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jcn50

Hi again Nicola,

No: I have tried everything but to no avail. I can receive texts from other persons without a problem, except 365online for adding that payee. I am currently aboard and if the issue persists when I try again at home, I will call you.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jcn50

Hi again all,

This is to confirm that coming back from abroad fixed the problem, and the text was received instantly. My theory is that BOI is having security restrictions when connecting from other countries//

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi again all,

This is to confirm that coming back from abroad fixed the problem, and the text was received instantly. My theory is that BOI is having security restrictions when connecting from other countries//
    Morning jcn50, thanks for getting back to me and I'm glad to hear that you've received your security code.

If you do have any further issues with this please let me know.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Hi again all,

I can give some additional insight. The SMS is not just blindly sent to the number. I got a new SIM card recently (same number, just a new SIM) and BOI needed to do something internally to enable the SMS message to go through. It was able to detect some change at my end.

Thought it was quite clever actually, I don't know more than that in terms of what happened technically.

• Advertisement
Advertisement