Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springboard Advanced Networking and Cloud Technologies

Options
  • 18-04-2016 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi

Has anyone completed the following course at dbs ? If so , has anyone gained employment afterward ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Check its a hetac qualification and not a special purpose award which is college based and not worth the paper its written on.
    NCI and ITB blanch do similar courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭PhilDawn

Check its a hetac qualification and not a special purpose award which is college based and not worth the paper its written on.
    NCI and ITB blanch do similar courses.

Thanks ... In the Description it QQI Level 8

PhilDawn wrote: »
    Thanks ... In the Description it QQI Level 8

Have you a link?

Found it

Special purposes award. Its there own certification. Should be getting a H.Dip or BSC at that level.

Its there own course.
    It does give you a shot at the MTA but they are available through ecollege and social welfare for free.

• Advertisement

Its there own course.
    It does give you a shot at the MTA but they are available through ecollege and social welfare for free.

Thanks.. I already did the MTA through ecollege as well as the Comptia A+

Ive done some research and it the awarding body is QQI and not DBS

DBS have designed the course but it carries 30ECTS credits which can be used towards other relevant courses ie h.dip or a master's

Apparently I could be accepted directly onto a master's without the need for a 4 year degree if I have this qualification plus some industry certificates

Thanks.. I already did the MTA through ecollege as well as the Comptia A+

Ive done some research and it the awarding body is QQI and not DBS

DBS have designed the course but it carries 30ECTS credits which can be used towards other relevant courses ie h.dip or a master's

Apparently I could be accepted directly onto a master's without the need for a 4 year degree if I have this qualification plus some industry certificates

If you have the MTA and comtia you've probably completed the course already.

Email them and ask for the course descriptor. It will detail the syllabus and learning outcomes. It might help in your decision

Advertisement