Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smell at back of fridge

• 18-04-2016 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

Myself and my partner just moved into a new apartment and yesterday noticed that our fridge has a rotten smell coming from the back of it around where the drain outlet is for dripping water. There also seems to be some sludgy stuff around the drain, like mould or something. From what I've read, it might be that the drain is blocked or a collector cup isnt draining properly. The fridge is integrated so I don't think we can move it out to have a look. Anyone know any other way to check? It's a Whirlpool ART6500 as far as I'm aware.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Your only solution is to move it - its just the water(Sludge) building up at the rear and because there is so much dirt mixed in it isn't evaporating. That sludge/water is the stinky stuff and once removed your crisis will be averted. The integrated fridges typically have catches on the doors and a covering unit on the base that all need to be unclipped before attempted to move it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Check the back of the fridge, usually at the bottom is a small hole that the condensation from the inside rear of the fridge collects and runs through, make sure that hole is clear and run some very diluted bleach through it to make sure its clean.
    Pipe cleaners work well pushed through.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 NineEggs

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to see if I can take the fridge out. But I'll try out the pipe cleaners for now.

Advertisement