Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EVSE in the handle of the J1772 connector

• 18-04-2016 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭

Just a few pics of the experimental EVSE as I go along

heres the inside of a plain unwired J1772 connector to start with , zoom in to see detail

Theres quite an amount of sealing , ( orange waterproof seals for a connector that is only IP45. The biggest weakness is the cable entry seal in my view

The pins you see sticking up , are the female connector pins, the other side is designed for hydraulic crimping ( which I can do )

This is a 32A capable J1772 connector by the way

383577.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

I hope you don't mind me asking. What is hydraulic crimping?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

is a version of a standard crimp tool , that exerts around 4tons to crimp large wires , it has a hydraulic ram in its handle

image_11366.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

That's some serious catch...

Did you not get a 32 amp (ready) ABL EVSE from the ESB ?

Did you not get a 32 amp (ready) ABL EVSE from the ESB ?

Yes. But I'm developing two new evse solutions myself

• Advertisement

Just tested the EVSE in a handle, its a prototype while I get some printed circuit boards done ( and extend the software )

works a treat , set for 10 A, can be set easily to 6A, need to add an indicator LED etc

Ill post some pics tomorrow

Advertisement