Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order from different bank accounts

• 18-04-2016 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I'm looking to set up a standing order every Friday from my Ulster Bank account into my brother's Bank of Ireland account. I'm just wondering if the money will be available for him to withdraw on the Friday, as usually when I transfer money it takes a few days to become available.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

rawn wrote: »
    usually when I transfer money it takes a few days to become available.

There's your answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

There's your answer.

Yeah I was just wondering if the fact that it's a standing order would effect it (as in maybe it would clear quicker or slower). Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Doesn't make it any quicker, will take several days. Might be instant if his account was with UB too but other than that no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Ah that's grand thanks. Hopefully if I put it in for Wednesday it'll be there Friday

Advertisement