Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying laptop on ebay

• 18-04-2016 4:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭

Buying a laptop on ebay used looking for a nice deal and a nice laptop :cool:
    Looking for a laptop for photoshop/illustrator/virtual dj..to hold lots music and vectors for adobe photoshop and illustrator and to be able to run the programs.
    any ideas on a good laptop for around 400euro. thinking maybe a refurbished macbook pro or seen a few nice touchscreen hps and dells seem like some good deals but not sure what would be best to suit what im looking to use the machine for.
    any info or links a help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

LK KID wrote: »
    Buying a laptop on ebay used looking for a nice deal and a nice laptop :cool:
    Looking for a laptop for photoshop/illustrator/virtual dj..to hold lots music and vectors for adobe photoshop and illustrator and to be able to run the programs.
    any ideas on a good laptop for around 400euro. thinking maybe a refurbished macbook pro or seen a few nice touchscreen hps and dells seem like some good deals but not sure what would be best to suit what im looking to use the machine for.
    any info or links a help

It's gonna seem like I'm shilling here cause I keep mentioning this seller, but Luzerntech on ebay is a good starting place. He does Manufacturer refurbs, Offers free postage and free returns and a 1 year warranty.

For €350 you can get this
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/HP-Pavilion-15-6-15-AB254SA-Laptop-Intel-Core-i5-2-3GHz-8GB-Ram-2TB-Grade-B-/311589165559?hash=item488c2959f7:g:boQAAOSwZQxW6s--

It's an i5-6200U
    8gb of ram
    2 TB of HDD space is about as big as you're gonna get off the shelf.

It's not a touchscreen but the U processor will give good battery life
    It's 'grade B' refurbished, this means there might be a scuff or two, but the
    laptop should be in perfect working order.

I received a grade B laptop from this seller on Friday and I couldn't see a single scratch or mark and the battery was like new, so the seller does seem to have a high bar for what counts as grade A or B

For a lot more processor power for aoout 530 euros
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/HP-Pavilion-15-AK085NA-Intel-Core-i7-6700HQ-2-6GHz-8GB-2TB-15-6-Laptop-Grade-B-/311594705422?hash=item488c7de20e:g:xw8AAOSw1DtXFOrs

The laptop above has an i7-6700HQ with 2TB HDD and 8gb of ram. Definitely more than enough power to run your software (but so should the i5 probably, check the min specs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I'd check Adverts too..
    Got great value on a laptop myself recently, and buying local is a bit of insurance in case of problems..

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Huza91

Yeah an i3/i5 would suit your needs (2nd gen or higher)

Also, minimum 6gb ram

If I were you I'd defo get an SSD (Samsung 850 Evo)

Your laptop will run flawlessly!!

I've been fixing, building and repairing laptops/desktops/games consoles/phones since I was 8 and I'm 24 now :)

I've got an i7, 16gb ram, 256gb Samsung 850 EVO (Samsung Magician installed), 4Gb Graphics in my laptop and starts in under 7 seconds!!

But honestly, get a laptop with the following

>i3/i5 (Second gen or higher)
    >6GB Ram (Minimum)
    >Preferably an SSD
    >1gb graphics (Minimum)

If you need more info, send us a pm :)

Advertisement