Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After hours thread and infraction

Options
  • 18-04-2016 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭

The OP in this thread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99436068) made a number of statements then claimed she didnt. I quoted the statements and the mods said to get back on topic.

Thhings went on and the person again claimed they never made a statement even though it was in the opening post. I quoted it, she through a wobbly and I commented that she was throwing a huff. I got the infraction.

I was then told by the mod that its the internet and people lie. Seriosly? People can openly lie but you arent allowed quote them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

in fact now she is doing it with another user.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As per the process - please discuss this with the mod & if you cannot reach a resolution -then come back here & a CMod will review your appeal.

It is important to note that the actions of others are no excuse for your behaviour in the forums. Report issues to the mods & let them deal with it as they deem fit. If you are not satisfied with mod action - PM a CMod.

accepted. I have already discussed it with the mods. Would you like to see the PMs?

Wait until a CMod picks this up. You can forward them the PMs if necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'll have a look for you.

Can you forward on the PMs with the mod?

Cheers

• Advertisement

OK i have forwarded them. theres 3 in total

According to the infraction I got it on a certain post but according to boom bap it was for not staying on topic and getting into a tit for tat.

Like I explained to Boom, its not like someone made a claim on the net about their real life and I am trying to catch them out, they were comments in the thread that the user then denied making. What else can you do in a situation like that other than quote their comments back to them?

It seems baffling that the person causing the grief was the one that avoided reprimands

I haven't forgotten this. I'll be back to you tomorrow

had a chance?

Just speaking to the mod now, will hopefully have something for you shortly if he's online. Sorry for the hold up. Too much football on :p

Sorry for the delay, I was looking for clarification on some points from the mod.

I've decided to uphold the card.

There were two mod warnings asking posters to move on. You kept going with one poster in particular and you were carded.

In your PM you state

"I was merely confirming that our conversation was over."

You were warned to get back on topic, twice, but instead you had to get the last word in and drag it out even further.

There is no issue with debating, discussing, calling out liars or whatever you want to call it but when you're asked to stop by a mod we expect that you stop. If you have an issue with the mod warning then there are channels to go through to discuss that, ignoring it isn't one of them.

You can ask an admin to review if you aren't happy with the decision.

• Advertisement

this makes no sense, why cant we quote other users in a discussion?

the person I was getting into it was the OP, the person that started the thread, Its ridiculous that you cant quote someone when they debny making a statement and have to 'move on'. How may I ask? ignore the actual person who started the thread?

and what about being called names? No cards for the person who did that?

Yes I would like this reviewd by an admin, something I have never asked before but a mod warning that you cant quote the OP? and coming after I have entered into coversation on thread with numerous others?

This is not about whether you can quote someone or not.
    This is not about whether someone lied or not (& that's being a tad disingenuous).
    This is not about the actions of others in that thread - you are responsible for your actions.

What this is about is that you ignored two mod warnings.
    Not just one - two.

I suggest that you take heed of mod warnings in the future.

This is very clear-cut - Card upheld.

tHB

Has an appeal ever been upheld?

Yes. Check the Archive.

Advertisement