Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

No idea, sorry.  I know that some people on the boards had to retest and passed ok though citing that the support sessions were invaluable so my advice would be to make sure you attend and go for the test when you feel ready.  You'll always feel nervous beforehand.  You might be best to chat with the PT and ask his advice about doing the retest earlier - he'd be the best person to make an educated guess on whether you're ready or not.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  I can't even remember the names of those who've done the retest so you could PM them...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

No idea, sorry.  I know that some people on the boards had to retest and passed ok though citing that the support sessions were invaluable so my advice would be to make sure you attend and go for the test when you feel ready.  You'll always feel nervous beforehand.  You might be best to chat with the PT and ask his advice about doing the retest earlier - he'd be the best person to make an educated guess on whether you're ready or not.

Sorry I can't be of more help.  I can't even remember the names of those who've done the retest so you could PM them...

This might be a bit of a daft question but here goes:-

PSNI Student Officers get paid a particular rate during their training in GV, and then there is a pay increase following attestation.  Does the 2 year probation period begin on graduation, or is it inclusive of the 6 month training period?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WittyName291

From the day of attestation. You're not an officer until then so the probationary period covers first 2 years on the job

Perfect, thank you.  I was kind of hoping it began on starting GV but hey-ho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 TERRYFOLDS

My impression is it is from the day you become an employee - the day you start training.

Either way, as long as I get "the call" I'm not overly bothered :D  More curiosity than anything!  Thank you both for the advice/opinions!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 CarrotCake1

Anyone any idea what way the support sessions work? Whats the lay out for the day etc? Do many people do the retest during the support sessions?
    So I had to retest, I went to the first two support sessions, we went in and done a bleep test, then as far as I remember we got to do the course, it was timed but for 2 laps only, and then you get to practice on the various elements. On my 3rd session I decided to do It, you just have to tell the PT when you first go in and then they bring you in before anyone does a bleep test or practice run and then you just run like a mad person and hopefully pass, hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Anyone any idea what way the support sessions work? Whats the lay out for the day etc? Do many people do the retest during the support sessions?
    So I had to retest, I went to the first two support sessions, we went in and done a bleep test, then as far as I remember we got to do the course, it was timed but for 2 laps only, and then you get to practice on the various elements. On my 3rd session I decided to do It, you just have to tell the PT when you first go in and then they bring you in before anyone does a bleep test or practice run and then you just run like a mad person and hopefully pass, hope this helps

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Either way, as long as I get "the call" I'm not overly bothered :D  More curiosity than anything!  Thank you both for the advice/opinions!

It's from the time you attest as that's when you become a constable. So 2 years from finishing training. I just asked one of my friends who just finished their probation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 T213a

Does anyone have any idea when calls would go out for Feb?

If sticking to the every 5 weeks plan is still in action then mid December. But with it being that time of year its anyones guess, especially considering some people already got the Feb call due to being a reserve for January

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stig

Have most people awaiting medical received their questionnaires back from their GP? I sent mine in a few days after PCA and the doctor still hasn't gotten it done. Will give them another few days before I chain myself to the front door but just want some time to check it and make sure it's done correctly. I don't think it will be too well received having no questionnaire on the day of the medical.

Whens the medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

I’m still waiting to see my doctor. Have my questionnaire filled in all part from 2 sections as wanted to double check with them. It from previous posts your doctor should have done their bit there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

GW, you should probably remove that post. No need to be posting specific dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

MayDupname wrote: »
    GW, you should probably remove that post. No need to be posting specific dates.

School boy error. Thanks for pointing it out

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

No worries mate, can never be too careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Silly question.

Ignoring NITA.

When you attest and move onto pay point 1, do you stay on paypoint 1 for duration of probation or do you move onto pay point 2 in 2nd year of probation?

I will be looking to be an adult and buy a house so just just out of curiosity I'm asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Nevermind just checked guidance.

"On completion of two years satisfactory service (probationary period) the constable will then move to point 2."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

Good luck to all our 1509’ers who are completing this new IST..hopefilly most of us wont have to venture near another AC in the new year

Yea i see the IST has changed now. No more maths or english part just verbal reasoning and customer service. Even though im just waiting the call, i kinda feel nervous about doing this new IST again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

it’ll be quite simple compared to what we had to do so im not too bothered.. my medical is very soon and fingers be awaiting a call for february

Good luck with the medical. Ive been finished everything for ages now and waiting a February call. The anticipation is soul destroying lol

Good luck with the medical. Ive been finished everything for ages now and waiting a February call. The anticipation is soul destroying lol
    I'm in the same position, Wittyname.  Hopefully there shouldn't be as much pressure on us regarding the IST and we can get it done and withdraw from the process before the dreaded AC!

Well im hoping for the February intake getting called asap. Mid December at the latest hopefully. They'd need to with time to get sorted and have induction etc... and then theres the hope that im included in said calls for February lol. With that logic those calls should go out before the IST result come back on the 19th and if included we'll no have to worry about it

Great minds think alike lol!  Would love a call sooner rather than later.  I'm hoping Christmas holidays are factored in and the calls go out earlier than anticipated but one thing I've learnt is not to hold your breath!  It's weird that as the call gets more and more imminent, your patience begins to dwindle!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Yea it’s like needing to go to the loo. When you get to that door you can just about hold it in. Best feeling in the world when you get through the door tho.

Yea the patience is definitely going fast... it would have to be earlier. They couldnt wait until january for a feb start with people handing notice in to current jobs and do an induction etc

• Advertisement

I'm at the stage now that I would go tomorrow and wouldn't care about a month's notice lol!

Advertisement