Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

blueboat wrote: »
    Yea it’s like needing to go to the loo. When you get to that door you can just about hold it in. Best feeling in the world when you get through the door tho.
    Haha, we've all had that feeling!  I genuinely think I'll be happier than I was on my wedding day! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Haha don’t let the other half hear you say that!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WittyName291

Id happily go without notice too. Id leave without notice anyway lol hate my current place

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

IST again? Boke! Don't even want to look at it. Same position as you lads/ladies, all passed donkeys ago so now sitting twiddling my thumbs pretending to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

I’m in the same boat, changed jobs there a few weeks ago and truth be told hate it more than last place, awaiting medical like a hold at Christmas. Would go in a heart beat tomorrow

• Advertisement

If we all make it on the same squad (fingers crossed its the February one lol) the induction and first few days will be us complaining about the wait lol

The other half knows deep down anyway :D
    Wedding days are overrated - honeymoons are the best bit!
    I've done the first part of the IST, albeit with a half-assed approach because I felt the same way lol

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

If we all make it on the same squad (fingers crossed its the February one lol) the induction and first few days will be us complaining about the wait lol

Can see it now

‘some wait so it was’

If we all make it on the same squad (fingers crossed its the February one lol)  the induction and first few days will be us complaining about the wait lol
    Just a bunch of Victor Meldrews haha!
    "In my day, we had to do a paper exam with maths in it..." :D

That's it exactly lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

FOI released for those still remaining in this campaign. Unsure if this was answered before the January calls or not but interesting none the less;
    Request 1 
    Excluding those candidates offered a position in the November intake, how many candidates remain 
    in the 1509 recruitment campaign WITH all 5 stages passed by the following scores: 

55% - 55.75% 
    56% - 56.75% 
    57% - 57.75% 
    58% - 58.75% 
    59% - 59.75% 
    60% - 60.75% 
    61% - 61.75% 
    62% - 62.75% 
    63% - 63.75% 
    64% - 64.75% 
    65% +  

Answer 
    Please find below the information requested: 

55% - 55.75% =NIL 
    56% - 56.75% =NIL 
    57% - 57.75% =18 
    58% - 58.75% =24 
    59% - 59.75% =34 
    60% - 60.75% =14 
    61% - 61.75% =1 
    62% - 62.75% =NIL 
    63% - 63.75% =NIL 
    64% - 64.75% =NIL 
    65% + = 4  
    Request 2 
    Again, excluding those candidates offered a position in the November intake, how many candidates 
    remain in the 1509 recruitment campaign in total (i.e. including those with vetting/medical appeals 
    etc..outstanding) by the following scores, 

55% - 55.75% 
    56% - 56.75% 
    57% - 57.75% 
    58% - 58.75% 
    59% - 59.75% 
    60% - 60.75% 
    61% - 61.75% 
    62% - 62.75% 
    63% - 63.75% 
    64% - 64.75% 
    65% +  

Answer 
    Please find below the information requested 

55% - 55.75% =36 
    56% - 56.75% =24 
    57% - 57.75% =25 
    58% - 58.75% =2 
    59% - 59.75% =3 
    60% - 60.75% =NIL 
    61% - 61.75% =1 
    62% - 62.75% =NIL 
    63% - 63.75% =3 
    64% - 64.75% =NIL 
    65% + = 4

This makes for a very mood lifting read. With january reserves siting at 58.25 looks like things are almost guaranteed for February. Wont get agead of myself though lol. Thanks for the update. The news finally settled in then that you're good to go shanevandrell?lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

As those numbers are inclusive of thr Jan squad.

With all being well and everyone getting in.

Feb squad
    March squad
    April squad
    May squad
    Maybe a June squad to sweep up the stragglers.

Leaves us in the new campaign a nice warm feeling that the top scorers could be starting in June maybe to bulk up a squad made up of the stragglers

They will obv ease of the gas in July because of parades. My theory is they will use the summer the build up a surplus of ready folk and then just roll squad after squad from Sept.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 T213a

Sounds like a good theory!

I'm hoping for a Feb start date though! Haha

Chief Constable has to allow for 100 less officers in 2018 isn't it? To me that list looks like it could be wrapped up by April, maybe May at the latest allowing for a few months were officers will leave without being replaced i.e slightly reducing the force strength without any effect on recruitment.

If results for the AC's only come out in March/April I don't see how anyone will be ready for a June squad, would mean vetting would need to clean in what 8/10 weeks and we all know that isn't the case, and like I've said before no matter what they say about streamlining the new campaign 1509 started a month earlier and the assessment centre time frames for 1710 seem to be very similar and the highest scorers in 1509 only done their PCAs and Medicals in June/July of last year.

The vetting for new campaign will be carried out concurrently whilst you go through PCA and Medical. PCA will be longer drawn out process for 1710 because support sessions will be offered from the get go.

However I do feel they will rush a few top scorers to make up a squad for the 1509 stragglers.

Then ease of the gas start getting a whole load of people appoint able for Sept 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Skinofmyteeth

Guesstimation I'm on 55.5%. Medical and drug test pending soon, vetting I've not checked and won't til the medical passed. If all's good - start date May -ish???

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

Maybe sooner for some of you if your class sizes are back up to 51 from January. It's a possibility.

The vetting for new campaign will be carried out concurrently whilst you go through PCA and Medical. PCA will be longer drawn out process for 1710 because support sessions will be offered from the get go.

Vetting running alongside the PCA and Medical? It's always been like that. If you've been to the PCA stage before surely you'd know that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TheBearcop

Call can’t come quick enough with my score of 58.25! Just waiting :(

If there isnt enough currently finished everything to fill another class it would make sense to go back to classes of 50 January and February that would clear that up. Then those medicals still to be done could be picked up when ready. Seems to make sense going by that FOI. Hopefully they do something along those lines

• Registered Users Posts: 45 T213a

If there isnt enough currently finished everything to fill another class it would make sense to go back to classes of 50 January and February that would clear that up. Then those medicals still to be done could be picked up when ready. Seems to make sense going by that FOI. Hopefully they do something along those lines

Class sizes Def going up to full size again in New Year

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Guesstimation I'm on 55.5%. Medical and drug test pending soon, vetting I've not checked and won't til the medical passed. If all's good - start date May -ish???

I'm in the same boat passed my pca yesterday, Medical in 6-7 weeks. I was thinking April/May start really

I think this FOI doesn't account for the January intake so it makes for very good reading in my opinion!

Score % Total Number of Candidates Pre-November Intake (Overall) Total Number of Candidates Post-November Intake (Overall) Total Number of Candidates Post-November Intake (All Stages Passed)
    55 – 55.75 40 36 0
    56 – 56.75 31 24 0
    57 – 57.75 44 43 18
    58 – 58.75 26 26 24
    59 – 59.75 37 37 34
    60 – 60.75 30 14 14
    61 – 61.75 14 2 1
    62+ 17 11 4
    TOTAL 239 193 95

Hopefully this helps a bit.  By my calculations, there is a difference of 46 people between pre and post November intakes, meaning approximately 46 people were contacted about a November start.  If squad sizes are around the 30 mark, and you add on a few reserves, it would suggest that maybe a dozen people have also withdrawn from the process for one reason or another.

It also pretty much confirms that the January intake has not been considered and those figures should also be deducted.  Very promising!

The February intake could potentially clear all the 57% + scorers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Skinofmyteeth

I'm in the same boat passed my pca yesterday, Medical in 6-7 weeks. I was thinking April/May start really
    Cool and well done. I'm starting to count my chickens which is something I should never do ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

As far as I’ve heard they want to exhaust the current list ASAP in early 2018

• Advertisement

T213a how are you so sure class sizes arw going back up?

Advertisement