Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

GW88 wrote: »
    As far as I’ve heard they want to exhaust the current list ASAP in early 2018
    I hope so - I'm already sick with nerves lol

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

Until you get an email/call directly from recruitment, try not get too carried away and consider everything posted here as speculation. I'm not even sure recruitment know what's happening from month to month due to budget issues.

Just stay positive, pretend you give a **** about what you're doing at your current job and before you know it, you'll be squeezing yourself into your nice new uniform.

Too true, it's just hard not to get even a wee bit carried away.  They do appear to be running on a month to month basis but it does seem to be promising.  It was just nice to get more up-to-date figures to play with :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

Having looked at them numbers, i think theres a good few left to come out.

When that foi was asked it was 9th of October..given most recent rounds of pca id love to see the amount of no shows/failures at it.. and as already noted January intake to come out of that. it would have been worthwhile adding into it when the information was extracted

I myself, with a medical soon and score of 57% am praying for Feb call lol

Having looked at them numbers, i think theres a good few left to come out.

When that foi was asked it was 9th of October..given most recent rounds of pca id love to see the amount of no shows/failures at it.. and as already noted January intake to come out of that. it would have been worthwhile adding into it when the information was extracted

I myself, with a medical soon and score of 57% am praying for Feb call lol
    It looks quite probable so keep those fingers and toes crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

PCA no shows are they disqualified or given another chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

Yea the numbers are definitely looking good. It's just at the start of the year when I was going through the figures I had a month that I thought, right that's me there. Then they cut class sizes and paused intakes. That threw my calculations out the window.

I was then expecting a June start date but now it's looking more and more like Feb. But you never know what's around the corner. Definitely keeping my fingers crossed though!

PCA no shows are they disqualified or given another chance?
    Pretty sure a no show is automatic disqualification.

MayDupname wrote: »
    Yea the numbers are definitely looking good. It's just at the start of the year when I was going through the figures I had a month that I thought, right that's me there. Then they cut class sizes and paused intakes. That threw my calculations out the window.

I was then expecting a June start date but now it's looking more and more like Feb. But you never know what's around the corner. Definitely keeping my fingers crossed though!
    Tell me about it!  I was initially lguessing at an October start until squad sizes diminished, then potentially in by the end of the tax year so to make it by February would be awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 T213a

Just from what I've heard haha

• Advertisement

Although - As you know anything could happen at any time which could throw a spanner in the works..again. Haha

I think we've all dealt with enough spanners throughout this campaign lol!

It's all eerily quiet - hopefully it's the calm before the storm!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WittyName291

So just tried to do my IST and the system has completely bricked itself.

After selecting my answers on the questions in the first section and pressing next it was taking ages to move me to the next question. Nothing was happening at all... Only got four questions done because of the freezing and then time ran out....

Moved on to the second section and when the page loaded, it did not load the answers to allow me to select my answers. After ages of waiting and hoping i reloaded the screen and the same happened and after another reload, nothing but a blank white screen.

Ive emailed recruitment as this is an absolute joke. Have to wait until office hours to hear back now.

Its not the laptop and its not the internet connection as everything else is working perfectly. Took pictures of the screen incase they ask for proof.

Anyone else have any issues or is this just my damn luck??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Skinofmyteeth

The new IST, if you make a balls up of it, can or will it have any bearing on your status in the current 1509 campaign.... Just checking before I attempt it.. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chucky1011

After selecting my answers on the questions in the first section and pressing next it was taking ages to move me to the next question. Nothing was happening at all... Only got four questions done because of the freezing and then time ran out....

Moved on to the second section and when the page loaded, it did not load the answers to allow me to select my answers. After ages of waiting and hoping i reloaded the screen and the same happened and after another reload, nothing but a blank white screen.

Ive emailed recruitment as this is an absolute joke. Have to wait until office hours to hear back now.

Its not the laptop and its not the internet connection as everything else is working perfectly. Took pictures of the screen incase they ask for proof.

Exact same thing happened to me! Did it an hour or so ago and barely got half of each section done as the website kept crashing sent them a very long email ! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

The new IST, if you make a balls up of it, can or will it have any bearing on your status in the current 1509 campaign.... Just checking before I attempt it.. Thanks.
    I highly doubt it, they are 2 different campaigns. The IST in my opinion was a lot easier than I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Thierryonwii

Yip did the same, sent email to recruitment there

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Jesus, what a sham.

For such a small sample size, if you extraploated the % of people on here having issues with this new IST over the 8000ish who applied it'll have hardly been worth the headache of changing it from the exam hall to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 PumpinRon

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Reply from Delloite:[/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, sans-serif]IST UPDATE:[/font][/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, sans-serif]We have been advised that some candidates have experienced an issue with the online IST this evening.  We are investigating this issue and will provide more information on 28/11/17 including details of revised timelines for the submission of the Online IST.  We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.[/font][/font]

• Advertisement

They probably have a system built in that can tell if you've taken screenshots haha so make sure and tell them you done it for that reason! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WittyName291

No i took the picture on my phone to provide proof. Theres none of the test in the pictures though as it was the blank unloaded screen

No, I asked recruitment the exact question before I started this application just incase!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

I've just gone on to do my IST it says it is currently unavailable....

Also anyone any ideas how to confirm receipt of the medical email I've just realised you have to acknowledge it

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chucky1011

Also anyone any ideas how to confirm receipt of the medical email I've just realised you have to acknowledge it
    Just reply to same email address with UID number and say you confirm you have received email !

Chucky1011 wrote: »
    Just reply to same email address with UID number and say you confirm you have received email !

Thank you

Is it totally down or worth attempting today?

Chucky1011 wrote: »
    I replied back upon receipt but did not include UID number as was on original email. Reckon that'd be ok. Hate to come this far and ruin it due to a small error... nerves lol

• Advertisement

Is it totally down or worth attempting today?

I've emailed I'm awaiting a reply I'll let you know

Advertisement