Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

IST Stage Update (28.11.17):
    Please note we have experienced some technical difficulties with the online IST system during a defined period which we are currently investigating. As a result access to the system is not currently available. We will provide an update later today on next steps in the completion of your IST.
    Please note that those candidates who have already fully completed their online IST are not impacted by this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

Yea, I went to do it earlier, access denied. Not too bothered as I really didn't want to do the bloody thing anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 T213a

Same as me Maydupname. I got nervous again haha. No need though

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rayfinkle

The new IST, if you make a balls up of it, can or will it have any bearing on your status in the current 1509 campaign.... Just checking before I attempt it.. Thanks.
    A friend of mine was in the position in a previous campaign, applied for the new campaign and failed the IST for it and didn't hear a peep about it, got his call and the rest is history...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

Medical/smt completed today, hopefully wont be long till the result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

well done knightrider,keep us posted as to the turnaroundðŸ‘was your day relaxed enough

Yeah it was handy, few hours it took, ohw people where friendly and all went ok, time will tell anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WittyName291

Youll hear back tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stig

Did my medical today as well in and out in under an hour, very simple and no issues so think I'll be fine. The lungs are apparently a few years older than the rest of the body though :/

They seem to get the result of your medical back to you pretty sharpish so hopefully you lot will get the good news tomorrow. 
    On an totally unrelated note, if you get the call before Xmas, can you imagine how drunk you'll be able to get at your Christmas work do!

• Advertisement

My birthday is that week that calls should go out before christmas if they stick the 7 week rule thing so ill be mortal if i get a call

What week are you thinking KITT?

lol..week beginning the 18th December?

Yea but think thats cutting it close to the holidays for them. Could it be the week before i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

I'm hoping it's the week before!  Any call prior to Christmas would be amazing though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

How long does the medical take it says on the email about one hour, does it sometimes take longer or shorter?

About an hour on the button really. 15 mins for the hearing test, 15-20 mins for the hair samples, 15-20 mins for the first nurse and 5-10 mins waiting about in between

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

Thank god cause I’ve only got abit of time of work to go not the whole day

Yeah, what WittyName said.  It's pretty much like a conveyor belt.

A bit off topic here, but have a look at the New Zealand Police recruitment video... 10/10 for effort! :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9psILoYmCc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

A bit off topic here, but have a look at the New Zealand Police recruitment video... 10/10 for effort! :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9psILoYmCc

Watched it and had a good laugh. I’m counting the days down to my medical, but my doctor still being a hard person to get my form sorted

Medical passed.. Find out SMT next week :)

You only hear about the SMT if you fail so no news on that is good news

lill give them an email next week just for my own piece of mind ;)

A few weeks before I did my medial I was at a music festival. Spent more time running past people holding my breath when I smelt them smoking "illicit substances".

I wasn't failing my SMT due to some unwashed sixth former and his attempt at deadlocks!

i was at creamfields in August pretty much the same, just jaws swinging. Passive smoke from weed contains very little THC so i wouldnt have worried, my problem is my pre workout powder coming up a false positive, its UK Athletics approved and noted down on the form before hand, just over worrying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

MayDupname wrote: »
    A few weeks before I did my medial I was at a music festival. Spent more time running past people holding my breath when I smelt them smoking "illicit substances".

I wasn't failing my SMT due to some unwashed sixth former and his attempt at deadlocks!

Inhaling smoke from things like weed won't show up on a drugs test. The drugs have to actually be within your blood to transfer to hair follicles so you're safe. Having said that, if you ever raid a weed farm, make notebook entry just in case lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Thierryonwii

Guys for those who have filled in the medical forms, the part it asks about sickness and days off, do we only have to fill in days off that we have required a doctors sick line?

Guys for those who have filled in the medical forms, the part it asks about sickness and days off, do we only have to fill in days off that we have required a doctors sick line?

I filled it in even with non doctor related sickness days.

• Advertisement

Did any1 else have problems getting hold of there doctor?

Advertisement