Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

Hopefully with good news, Imcg1106!

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

medical coming up and I get the flu,typical barely had any tablets all year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I don't think you'll fail over a few cold a flu tablets tbh it is just paracetamol and menthol

yea I know it's just paranoya

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

medical coming up and I get the flu,typical barely had any tablets all year
    I went with a full list of tablets I had taken, heavy duty pain killers included and he only took wrote down a selection of things, vitamins and ordinary otc stuff was not included in that list. Stop worrying about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 T213a

Wish these calls would come out this week! Or next! I've already booked 3 weeks off my current job for my notice period. Well when i predict when my notice period will be. Means I can book and take the long awaited (2 years) holiday! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WittyName291

I wish they would hurry up and come out too. Thats my plan also. No work holidays booked yet but as soon as that call comes my whole notice will be paid holidays lol

• Registered Users Posts: 45 T213a

I wish they would hurry up and come out too. Thats my plan also. No work holidays booked yet but as soon as that call comes my whole notice will be paid holidays lol
    Let's hope I got it right haha. The last month of a job always drags in and I'd hate to have to do a full month ha

Thats exactly why my whole notice period will be holidays. I wont have to do any of the last month lol

I only have a week of holidays left so that may do!

Anytime I'm seeing that someone has commented on this thread my nerves are kicking in as I'm expecting to read "I got the call"!

• Advertisement

Just call 8n sick 😂😂😂

I have been considering feeling unwell... :P

I just opened this and seen the work "call" in your message banterbus and got excited... dammit...

The call needs to hurry up, ive just been offered a management position and itll be a waste of everyones time if i take it then get a call...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

So when do we think calls will go out? Im awaiting the result from SMT should be there next Tuesday
    With 2017 campaign getting their results on the 19th December, and AC's 2nd week of January i think possibly end of next week when they have that batch my from 1st medicals to fill rest of the intake

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

Presuming the January intake starts the second week on Jan seeing as the first week is new years day. Feb intake would start 5 weeks after; third week in Feb. So 7 weeks notice would be the week beginning in the 25th. As this is Xmas hopefully they'd put out calls the week before. So we may be waiting about for another while yet to hear.

I just opened this and seen the work "call" in your message banterbus and got excited... dammit...

The call needs to hurry up, ive just been offered a management position and itll be a waste of everyones time if i take it then get a call...

Take it. That little bit extra money will come in handy

MayDupname wrote: »
    Presuming the January intake starts the second week on Jan seeing as the first week is new years day. Feb intake would start 5 weeks after; third week in Feb. So 7 weeks notice would be the week beginning in the 25th. As this is Xmas hopefully they'd put out calls the week before. So we may be waiting about for another while yet to hear.
    I like your thinking.. gives time for the smt to pass anywau
    Currently peering into the official waiting room

I think there might be a few calls towards the end of next week with the rest cleared up at the start of the following week.  That falls into place with the 5 week timeframe since the January intake calls.

I thought the week of the 18th was the 5 week mark??

It is, but I think a few calls went out on a Friday last time so hoping there's a few on the 15th...

• Advertisement

Thats my payday also so that would be a nice bonus this month lol

I'd prefer the job offer over my pay lol

Oh so would i but if they both land in one thats even better lol

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭TheBearcop

Hope the call comes this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stig

Can only hope, days seem to be flying in though and I'm getting excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

I think there might be a few calls towards the end of next week with the rest cleared up at the start of the following week.  That falls into place with the 5 week timeframe since the January intake calls.
    Is it not 7 weeks between calls?

Anybody in that first batch of people who done the medical at end of November asked for their SMT result? Near the 10 working day limit for results 

I know you only find out if you fail via the post, just be nice to have it all ticked off in time for calls soon

5 weeks I think.  I think it's maybe about 7 weeks from Induction to starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

Only typical with my medical looming I start to get the cold/flu

• Advertisement

GW88 wrote: »
    Only typical with my medical looming I start to get the cold/flu
    I'm exactly the same

Advertisement