Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cuckoo123

icm and cuckoo what score are use on?
    I've had it in my head calls will go out next week aswell,think they got down to 57 in the last squads ,really couldn't be many of us left

56, fingers crossed it won't be long. Only problem is quite a few people in my session failed PCA and they get 3 months to resit so lots won't have made it to waiting list yet.

Hopefully they have enough with everything passed to make up a squad and then mop up the rest in another squad rather than just having us all hold on until everyone has passed and taking us together.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chucky1011

cuckoo123 wrote: »
    icm and cuckoo what score are use on?
    I've had it in my head calls will go out next week aswell,think they got down to 57 in the last squads ,really couldn't be many of us left

56, fingers crossed it won't be long. Only problem is quite a few people in my session failed PCA and they get 3 months to resit so lots won't have made it to waiting list yet.

Hopefully they have enough with everything passed to make up a squad and then mop up the rest in another squad rather than just having us all hold on until everyone has passed and taking us together.
    There defo a March squad, someone got a call the other day to be reserve for Feb but place for March so hopefully they have enough to make a squad I’ll just wait patiently by the phone for the next couple weeks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

Apparently squad sizes have increased to 50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

GW88 wrote: »

What exactly does this mean? Why are they increasing squad sizes?

Don’t quote me or hold me to it but I’d assume this is to exhaust the list and have start dates for all training to commence

• Advertisement

That sounds logical, would it also be a possibility they are short of officers?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Don’t quote me or hold me to it but I’d assume this is to exhaust the list and have start dates for all training to commence

Were squad sizes not increased a few intakes ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pandabear97

Was either the last intake or the one before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

We were short of officers when I joined 3 years ago, and we're no better off now. Squads were anywhere between 20-30 people. Unfortunately it all depends on what budget is available to them at the time. Some squads may be 50, some may be 30-40

majgreen wrote: »

We were short of officers when I joined 3 years ago, and we're no better off now. Squads were anywhere between 20-30 people. Unfortunately it all depends on what budget is available to them at the time. Some squads may be 50, some may be 30-40

I was also thinking more of the number of officers due to retire this year I can't mind who said but I heard on here around 700 dues to retire I wonder would that be having an effect of getting more officers through ASAP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fermanaghKB

I was also thinking more of the number of officers due to retire this year I can't mind who said but I heard on here around 700 dues to retire I wonder would that be having an effect of getting more officers through ASAP?

someone I know was a reserve that was paid off few years back, he told me that alot are due to retire this year, so recruitment might be back sooner rather than later.

someone I know was a reserve that was paid off few years back, he told me that alot are due to retire this year, so recruitment might be back sooner rather than later.

Good stuff I hope so more chance for us to get in!

Not treading on your statement there but my old man was a reserve and the reserves went long ago. If anything some where offered regular contracts so they where to fill the void

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fermanaghKB

Not treading on your statement there but my old man was a reserve and the reserves went long ago. If anything some where offered regular contracts so they where to fill the void

yeah my dad was a reserve too & he wasn't offered a regular contract. otherwise he wouldn't be working terrible hours for even worse money now at 47 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

yeah my dad was a reserve too & he wasn't offered a regular contract. otherwise he wouldn't be working terrible hours for even worse money now at 47 years old.

OK the whole full/part time reserve thing...

Here's what happened.

They were told that they were all being let go and that they would not be able to rejoin. I.e. They couldn't apply again.

Some took the PSNI to tribunal arguing thatbthey should be free to apply. They won the case and were allowed to apply and as such had to go through the whole process including going through GV again.

A member of my family did as above.

No reserve officer was ever going to be just given a regular contract they had to apply as a recruit. So they would be a police officer coming off shift to sit IST and go to AC.

The regulars that were laid off under patten got one off payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

This friday is the 5 week mark isnt it, how hopeful are we feeling lol

5 week mark for me yesterday so it was from completion. Be nice to get that phone call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

Anyone else have vetting still outstanding?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

lmcg1106 wrote: »
    This friday is the 5 week mark isnt it, how hopeful are we feeling lol
    have it in my head calls are going out but we shall see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

From last February?? Crazy. Hope it clears soon for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bluenose89

My vetting had cleared but as I got a new tattoo half way through the process it has to be approved by a panel which has yet to sit. The vetting dept have said that they're trying to arrange a panel in January so hopefully all cleared soon. 57.35% here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Elrmcc

recruit099 wrote: »
    Anyone else have vetting still outstanding?

Yes! I thought I was the only one. I have phoned twice about it but they can't give me any info on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sleepingbag

I pretty much emailed them everyday asking about the vetting.

I pretty much emailed them everyday asking about the vetting.

Sure they loved you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sleepingbag

By the end I think they just done it to get me to stop emailing..

not looking like calls are happening this week

Still early and also some recruits not in this forum

Still early and also some recruits not in this forum
    suppose your right,positive vibes

• Advertisement

I’m sitting patiently today hoping it comes myself

Advertisement