Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

Well done! I remember reading about your issue. Did you end up lasering it off? You should be in well before July if you have everything passed. I think the holiday might have to be scrapped unless you defer for months. Dream job or holiday? After all you've done to get here I know the choice of be making.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭rlwni

MayDupname wrote: »
    Well done! I remember reading about your issue. Did you end up lasering it off? You should be in well before July if you have everything passed. I think the holiday might have to be scrapped unless you defer for months. Dream job or holiday? After all you've done to get here I know the choice of be making.
    Oh yes I know the decision that I am making just need to work out my options, does garneville close at all in July? Do you think I will definately be in by then? We all know what this process is like, just trying to figure out my best step here, i’ll lose a £600 deposit so would rather use it on another holiday if I can

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chucky1011

rlwni wrote: »
    Oh yes I know the decision that I am
    making just need to work out my options, does garneville close at all in July? Do you think I will definately be in by then? We all know what this process is like, just trying to figure out my best step here, i’ll lose a £600 deposit so would rather use it on another holiday if I can
    I’d say it’s highly lightly you will be in by then, and doubt they close for to long over the 12th! I’d recommend leaving the holiday for a while nothing worse than paying a lot of money and not being able to go, maybe try phoning recruitment and ask there advice ?

Chucky1011 wrote: »

Oh yes I know the decision that I am
    making just need to work out my options, does garneville close at all in July? Do you think I will definately be in by then? We all know what this process is like, just trying to figure out my best step here, i’ll lose a £600 deposit so would rather use it on another holiday if I can
    I’d say it’s highly lightly you will be in by then, and doubt they close for to long over the 12th! I’d recommend leaving the holiday for a while nothing worse than paying a lot of money and not being able to go, maybe try phoning recruitment and ask there advice ?

Are you definately not allowed to miss any of garneville? Whats the situation with that? If I can change it I will but just don’t know the ins and outs of everything yet-bare in mind I only passed my PCA today is it really likely that I could be in that soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

You are allocated days off on the coures, no leave can be taken outside of that except in the case of bereavement, serious illness in the family or a house move. The latter they will justbtell you to donit on a weekend though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

On the call from yesterday they do ask if you have anything planned as leave is not allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

It's pretty much all or nothing. Don't take this the wrong way but if you're worrying about getting time of for a holiday, I have to ask are 100% committed to giving it your all. I know ones who gave rescheduled weddings for this opportunity. It's a big commitment to make, especially when you get out of GV. It seems the last of the 1509 are getting sweeped up for March and maybe another in April to finish up. I'd bet you'd be in one of these all being well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

It's pretty much all or nothing. Don't take this the wrong way but if you're worrying about getting time of for a holiday, I have to ask are 100% committed to giving it your all. I know ones who gave rescheduled weddings for this opportunity. It's a big commitment to make, especially when you get out of GV. It seems the last of the 1509 are getting sweeped up for March and maybe another in April to finish up. I'd bet you'd be in one of these all being well.

Fair enough but not all people have blue blood oozing out of them, here is the place tonask questions. The only stupid questionbis the one that isn't asked

• Registered Users Posts: 25 PumpinRon

Further to this I booked a holiday on Monday for first week of July-please help me on what I should do as I only booked it so I have flexibility to change it-ive only done my PCA but as I have vetting cleared I only have the medical to go through which there should be no issues. AC score of 57.25. Please help-its an expensive holiday I don’t wana lose and if garnerville closes in July I will change my dates or whatever. Please someone help
    Delighted to hear you got through! During the phone call I was asked by HR if I had any leave planned during the 23 weeks beginning from the March intake date. If I'd said yes, I'm sure they would have told me "tough luck". I think it's highly likely you'll have to move it until after GV. Like Chucky said, check with recruitment :)
    Think about the big picture though...this is a problem you WANT to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Hi guys! I have been in hiding since failing my PCA.. but i am SO happy to let yous all know I passed my PCA today!! I am over the moon!!! I fell to my knees crying I just could not believe it, all the hard work and determination has paid off..

Further to this-I rang recruitment yesterday to change my address-I have an active appeal about a tattoo behind my ear that I have shared about on this numerous times-to my delight the lovely lady in HR informed me that ‘a number of days ago’ my vetting was cleared and she said that means my appeal has obviously been approved.

Now the fun starts, but tonight I am celebrating-to anyone else who did their PCA today with me and was lucky enough to also pass WELL DONE!!!

I'd imagine you'll be in April or May at the latest. Congrats :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭RedPool2891

GV isn't closed in July to my knowledge, there just aren't any intakes. Forget about the 600 quid. Tough to lose but in the grand scheme of things you'd be jeopardising your dream job after a 2.5 year wait for some sunshine and a fancy cocktail.

You'll not get leave.

Congratulations on passing the PCA by the way. You're very fortunate to have such a dilemma. Cancel the holiday and forget about it. You can go on hols another time.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

do we have to complete a lay week or month regarding pay?

Month I think so not sure if we will get paid end of April or end of May! Fingers crossed April lol

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Have you got the call traineebob?

Thank you so much everyone for the advice-i just want to make this very clear.. this career is a DREAM for me-I have worked tirelessly as most on here have to achieve it-there was NEVER an option that I would choose a holiday over this EVER. As banterbus said if you don’t ask how do you ever get answers, I ask these questions on here as many people have been in the same situation and I just wanted to know what the general concensus was-I have a little girl and the holiday is something she knows about and I would much rather know that I can’t go on it before telling her etc, there is a bigger picture outside of this job and given that ive been waiting so long I just cannot believe I am now within touching distance of something I have longed for. Simply want to make a point don’t question my commitment, my holiday will be postponed til 2019, and I will contact recruitment tomorrow as I have a few other questions that I know they will answer.

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes, my mum landed with a balloon-if only they know they have 6 months of babysitting ahead of them-dont think i’d of got a balloon! Haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Saladhands

Sorry this has probably been said countless times by now but what number do you call for recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Saladhands wrote: »
    Sorry this has probably been said countless times by now but what number do you call for recruitment?

101 just go through to Switchboard -option 2 - and ask for recruitment

has anyone received any further contact I.e post or email since the call ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Skinofmyteeth

No

do we take a guest to the whole day guys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 pandabear97

No the guest turns up at 7 or 7:30. All that sort of information is in the welcome pack though

yea read it in welcome pack but didn't think it was that clear with regards to guest ,thanks for reply

Anybody else starting to panic ? All getting very real!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

Just wondering did any1 make a reserve list for March?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Skinofmyteeth

Chucky1011 wrote: »
    Anybody else starting to panic ? All getting very real!

Yes, nervous since got the good news this week and just read through the pack on a Saturday night - real barrels of laughs me. Butterflies galore now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pandabear97

The induction is when it starts to really hit home, very surreal day. Can't wait to get going now though

• Registered Users Posts: 45 T213a

Make sure and call and give them the details they ask for in the welcome letter. I almost forgot - wouldn't look great at this stage.

T213a wrote: »
    Make sure and call and give them the details they ask for in the welcome letter. I almost forgot - wouldn't look great at this stage.

What details would this be??

^^ scrap that found it ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

Well that’s my little boo boo sorted. Back to the waiting game again

Advertisement