Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

No. A Friend's was very limited. Plus like I have said and what people whobare in GV/passes have told you, if your personal circumstances are "flexible" yiu can be sent anywhere in NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭KnightRider21

Our squad was allowed to pick any district, squad before was a bit more limited. If you pick just one district you run the chance of not being placed there and sent anywhere else. You can pick 4 or 1 its up to you, operational needs and home locations are factors in it all. You can start appeal process at induction if you aren't happy

• Registered Users Posts: 25 PumpinRon

I eventually settled on choosing only 1 district (the only available one that I thought was suitable). There was one other that would have been just ok but I decided not to select it because it would halve my chance of getting my preference. Getting sent to the furthest district from me will only be slightly less preferable to the second choice I mentioned.

It's a gamble but we should be sending these forms in on the assumption that we have NO control over where we're stationed.

Or like knight said you can be sent anywhere so even if you have made 4 choices don't expect to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Well if I get that far, I’ll see what happens. Though if I was lucky and given all districts as an option I’m led to believe that my second choice is one everyone wants out of :-O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GW88

Any word on a March reserve list?

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Well if I get that far, I’ll see what happens. Though if I was lucky and given all districts as an option I’m led to believe that my second choice is one everyone wants out of :-O

Derry and Strabane or Craigavon lol?

One of those yes

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Skinofmyteeth

Confirmation letter and 2 district choices now in the post. No turning back now lol I'm hoping the induction is going to put this overthinking the last 7 days at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Thierryonwii

What do we send back to recruitment? Is it the district choice and the confirmation letter only?

• Advertisement

What do we send back to recruitment? Is it the district choice and the confirmation letter only?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

yes that is what we need to send ,I rang yesterday

on induction day are we allowed to bring a bag to carry all documents etc or what is the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pandabear97

I had a bag and found it far handier than having to carry everything about.

Guys wtf is a medical card number, never heard of it in my life

Guys wtf is a medical card number, never heard of it in my life
    think you just call into your gp and they will have it

Just ring your GP no point physically going in

It's your health and care number they are after

my gp wouldn't disclose it over the phone ,they said id is 'required,but this might be different in other places

my gp wouldn't disclose it over the phone ,they said id is 'required,but this might be different in other places

That' s total bull**** they have security questions they can ask you just like when you phone your bank...

• Advertisement

Everyone gets a medical card when they are born. Its one of those things parents hang on to along with a birth certificate. It will be a little card with you name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 PumpinRon

Just saved my resignation email to my Outlook drafts, ready for Monday morning. It's going to drop a bomb on my employer...ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

Everyone gets a medical card when they are born. Its one of those things parents hang on to along with a birth certificate. It will be a little card with you name on it.

This number can be wrong I have my card and birth certificate and my medical number is completely different

recruit099 wrote: »

This number can be wrong I have my card and birth certificate and my medical number is completely different

That wee card is yoir birth reference number not yoir health and care number

That' s total bull**** they have security questions they can ask you just like when you phone your bank...
    I'm only saying what they told me when I rang for it

Not saying you are talking bull, saying that they are, just chinned you off as that would involve them doing work 😂

If it has H&C that should be your medical number.

I better start searching for mine now, I’m convinced there is a black hole in this house somewhere that things fall into.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭recruit099

If it has H&C that should be your medical number.

Mine is just numbers no letters

• Advertisement

I’m gonna have to check mine....... if I can find it!!!!

Advertisement