Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment 1509 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭alphaquebec4

Yeah I'm sure there is peole her who are on 65 and 66 who have received! Hope they send them out to allwith that grade. Anybody out there confirm a 65 And received vetting forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

A buddy of mine who scored low 60s has been told that after this first batch there are no more being processed for the foreseeable future!! Anyone else heard this?

Sorry to bore you guys but this friend of mine apparently got the info from Recruitment Dept!!!!! I don't know what to think or make of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

My brown envelope has arrived with access to e learning aswell?? Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Sorry to bore you guys but this friend of mine apparently got the info from Recruitment Dept!!!!! I don't know what to think or make of it!

I'd imagine if they weren't going to process the remainder of us they would have sent us the same letters those in C2 received.

How reliable a source is this friend, do they tend to sh**t stir lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

TheCub wrote: »
    My brown envelope has arrived with access to e learning aswell?? Anyone else get this?
    Add your reply here.
    That is an interesting development.

• Advertisement

I really hope they wouldn't stir up crap ! I just can't fathom why make up that story ! It'll be interesting to see if it's true or not

I really hope they wouldn't stir up crap ! I just can't fathom why make up that story ! It'll be interesting to see if it's true or not

Yeah, anything can happen I suppose, if they aren't processing the remainder of us anytime soon I'm sure we'll find out soon.

Just have to remain patient and only believe info that we have been told directly from the PSNI.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

Hi folks, quick question is there a thread active on here for advice of filling in the Vetting forms?

Thanks

mkelly123 wrote: »
    Hi folks, quick question is there a thread active on here for advice of filling in the Vetting forms?

Thanks
    Add your reply here.
    http://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2055314031/222#99528961

Yeah, anything can happen I suppose, if they aren't processing the remainder of us anytime soon I'm sure we'll find out soon.

Just have to remain patient and only believe info that we have been told directly from the PSNI.

Yip that's all we can do til we hear otherwise! I just hope they don't cut us all this soon!!!

• Advertisement

Yip that's all we can do til we hear otherwise! I just hope they don't cut us all this soon!!!
    Add your reply here.
    Absolute bollocks in my opinion. Pardon my French.

There is no way they will just cut everyone this early. They have to give themselves the option nevermind the applicants.

I think someone may have misunderstood recruitment when they spoke to them.
    I would guess they will be sending this batch and then possibly no more, but just for a period of time. I think they are moving quickly at this time so they can line up the first few intakes after the summer. Things like vetting can hold things up so it makes perfect sense.

Anyone that has not yet recieved a letter or vetting do not despair just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

Surely that means they'll have one more intake of campaign 2... And then restart their intakes on campaign 3? And they've sent our vetting as it has the longest stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Chasethedream

Hopefully not the only one sitting with a low AC score beating myself up ! can only stay hopeful but the idea of having to retake everything again on the next campaign is terrifying as good as I know I'd be in the job I got through this far by the skin off my teeth!

Hopefully not the only one sitting with a low AC score beating myself up ! can only stay hopeful but the idea of having to retake everything again on the next campaign is terrifying as good as I know I'd be in the job I got through this far by the skin off my teeth!

Nope you're not the only one! My buddy has really sent me into a panic!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

I scored high 60's and have received nothing!!!! PANICKING

It's very random isn't it?

That it is.
    But I guess if it wasn't for this site I would be none the wiser about others getting their forms, so going to try and tone down the craziness and see what tomorrow brings....

That it is.
    But I guess if it wasn't for this site I would be none the wiser about others getting their forms, so going to try and tone down the craziness and see what tomorrow brings....

That it is.

That's a good idea!

• Advertisement

Feeling so left out that I have to repeat myself!!! Lol

Ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

Thats it, that feeling of being left out... It's like hey PSNI we passed too :'( lol but we never know what tomorrow will bring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

MY VETTING FORMS ARRIVED TODAY!! Dated the 26th. They're like a frigging book!

Edit: I scored 70-80%

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TheCub

TheCub wrote: »

I was only joking Thought I'd lighten the mood by stirring the pot lol

On a serious note they are moving pretty quick with this one? How many do the normally take per squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Wild06

Hey guys, new to the threads. Just got vetting forms too. Scored low 70's in the ac! All getting very serious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Yeah I'm sure there is peole her who are on 65 and 66 who have received! Hope they send them out to allwith that grade. Anybody out there confirm a 65 And received vetting forms?
    Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Redboy12345

It would appear that the merit list is based on AC score and IST score.. If some people in high 60s haven't recieved any forms and some low 60s have.. Anyone worked out their % score based on AC and IST. Could explain why some people haven't recieved theirs.

It would appear that the merit list is based on AC score and IST score.. If some people in high 60s haven't recieved any forms and some low 60s have.. Anyone worked out their % score based on AC and IST. Could explain why some people haven't recieved theirs.

My average between both was 78%

However I did not think IST scores mattered unless candidates had the same AC score. Where has this information come from?

• Advertisement

My average between both was 78%

However I did not think IST scores mattered unless candidates had the same AC score. Where has this information come from?
    Add your reply here.

Easy way to find out, has anybody got a 65/67ish score an a low IST score and received forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

Easy way to find out, has anybody got a 65/67ish score an a low IST score and received forms?

Yea and IST score 6 above pass mark. Have received forms etc. Hope this helps people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 resp5

I've been told on very good authority that the merit list is AC score only. IST scores are only used when several people with the same score are in contention for 1 place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ponderosa2016

Resp5 is spot-on regarding AC score only applying for merit list. The IST score, as explained by someone else, only comes into play where people have the same AC score. For example, there are 590 people with AC scores between 60 and 69%. Suppose there are 60 people all with 65%, it is then the IST score comes into effect and this separates everyone onto the merit list.

Resp5 is spot-on regarding AC score only applying for merit list. The IST score, as explained by someone else, only comes into play where people have the same AC score. For example, there are 590 people with AC scores between 60 and 69%. Suppose there are 60 people all with 65%, it is then the IST score comes into effect and this separates everyone onto the merit list.
    Add your reply here.
    That does sound like it is feasible but then doesn't explain people who are on 66/67 etc who have not received any letters / vetting. Surely they would max out all these grades first then if it comes to the mid 60s mark and they only need x amount from that pass mark to make up the amount they need for that batch then they would use IST to help narrow it down.

• Advertisement

Flip sake. If you receive a letter and vetting forms you receive them. If you don't then you may well receive them later down the line. No point in wrecking brains trying to figure out how it's done. People should be putting their energy towards fitness etc instead of trying to figure out what the recruitment reasoning is.

Just received the 'Not being processed at this time letter'... Really not what I wanted to see this morning.

However it does state that the merit list is still live and that it is their expectation that further candidates will be processed providing there is certainty on future funding.

My chum was right for flip sake though post hasn't been here yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wileweather

Just received the 'Not being processed at this time letter'... Really not what I wanted to see this morning.

However it does state that the merit list is still live and that it is their expectation that further candidates will be processed providing there is certainty on future funding.

Sorry to hear that cabal. I also scored in same bracket so I'm getting scared now.

Just received mine too

• Advertisement

My chum was right for flip sake though post hasn't been here yet!

I think it has been sent out in order to prevent those of us further down the list from contacting HR on a constant basis.

It is a long process so rather than leave us not knowing what is going on for months on end they have basically told us 'not right now, but it's quite possible you will be processed in the future'.

There are elections looming and budgets could change so rather than waste money on candidates now that they may not be able to offer a position they have 'paused' us until they have the financial certainty that they can hire more trainees.

I'm not giving up hope, just means we have plenty of time to increase fitness etc and if/when we do get processed there should be no reason to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Same; WTF?!

Homer01 wrote: »

Same; WTF?!
    Add your reply here.

I know it's only been 2 weeks and why pass so many of us if they are chopping us sooo soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

I know 'not being processed at this time' isn't the same as no chance but makes it hard to remain hopeful.

I do wonder if they have been inundated with queries and they've done this on the back of it.
    I was going to call yesterday bit didn't get the chance; maybe for the best lol

Well buds we may just keep keeping on and hopefully when the folks on the hill sort themselves out we may be in with a chance!

Homer01 wrote: »
    I know 'not being processed at this time' isn't the same as no chance but makes it hard to remain hopeful.

I do wonder if they have been inundated with queries and they've done this on the back of it.
    I was going to call yesterday bit didn't get the chance; maybe for the best lol

I think that is the case, they need to cover themselves, they can't tell us we definitely will be processed and they can't give an exact time frame so it's easier to tell us we aren't being processed at the minute but they expect to be able to in the future.

The same happened last year, I wouldn't worry about it too much, it is sh**t but only thing we can do is carry on with life but train as though we have the PCA in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Bustermoon

Add your reply here.

I know it's only been 2 weeks and why pass so many of us if they are chopping us sooo soon!

If it's any help I lost count how many of those letters I received on c2 and am in Garnerville training now, well through the course and loving it! Keep your heads up, it's the next 35 years you are planning for, not the next 3 months. It'll all be worth it!

Sorry to hear folks have received these but as others have stated keep training! Try not to be too disheartened by it as you might receive a different letter in a few weeks.

Bustermoon wrote: »
    Add your reply here.

Thank you Bustermoon, it's just a bit soul destroying as you know! Glad to hear it all worked out for you! Hopefully be the same for us eventually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sydnor87

I'll be expecting the same letter. The important thing is the statement of expectation for further candidates to be processed. Hopefully just a matter of waiting as we know how short the PSNI are staff-wise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement