Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stryker limerick

• 18-04-2016 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi

i am looking for general operative work. i might hand in a cv to stryker. i have a few questions:

A) IS there jobs in stryker at the moment?

B) how long would a contract be?

C) any chance of being made permanent?

D) do i have to do a gallup interview for a job as a general operative?
    Post edited by yop on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Hi

i am looking for general operative work. i might hand in a cv to stryker. i have a few questions:

I thought I saw a job going in cook this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MacLime

I recently applied for a general manufacturing role in Stryker. Long dragged out process so far.
    Applications go to CPL Agency.
    You do have to do a Gallup as well as dexterity, Aptitude, (then Gallup) Interview then Medical.
    Ive been told im successful but but still waiting to hear from the company. i started the process in June so be prepared for alot of waiting around!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Hi

D) Yes. There will be a Gallup Interview.

The others, I don't know (:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

MacLime wrote: »
    I recently applied for a general manufacturing role in Stryker. Long dragged out process so far.
    You do have to do a Gallup as well as dexterity, Aptitude, (then Gallup) Interview then Medical.
    Ive been told im successful but but still waiting to hear from the company. i started the process in June so be prepared for alot of waiting around!!

Similar here, passed phone interview end of August, was told I was succesfull and would be contacted for face to Face interview. Still waiting......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Similar here, passed phone interview end of August, was told I was succesfull and would be contacted for face to Face interview. Still waiting......

Got any tips of how you should approach answering question in the phone interview?

Should you just treat it like a face to face interview?

• Advertisement

Got any tips of how you should approach answering question in the phone interview?

Should you just treat it like a face to face interview?

From what I remember, be honest, self assured and consistent. Sometimes the same question came back but worded differently. I guess they were looking for consistency in answers.

Very hard to judge how well you do until they get back. I thought I may have blown it but got through whereas others I know were confident after but failed to progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Alonso77 wrote: »
    From what I remember, be honest, self assured and consistent. Sometimes the same question came back but worded differently. I guess they were looking for consistency in answers.

Very hard to judge how well you do until they get back. I thought I may have blown it but got through whereas others I know were confident after but failed to progress.

Thank you

Ya with the Gallup would definitely recommend being yourself and being honest.
    You get asked the same questions a few different ways so dont try to be who you think they want. Be prepared to back up a few of your answers with examples.
    I was very nervous beforehand but it was quick and relatively painless.

The phone interview is a case of be yourself or be clever enough not to trip yourself up.

I worked in Stryker in a consultancy role about 5 years ago... in Cork. I had passed a Gallup thing 6/7 years previously so didn't have to do another one. I was interviewed back then too but didn't accept offer.

I got friendly with one of the HR folk there .... the passed the Gallup and we'll be in touch is HR talk for PFO. In cork plants anyway.

Augeo wrote: »
    The phone interview is a case of be yourself or be clever enough not to trip yourself up.

I worked in Stryker in a consultancy role about 5 years ago... in Cork. I had passed a Gallup thing 6/7 years previously so didn't have to do another one. I was interviewed back then too but didn't accept offer.

I got friendly with one of the HR folk there .... the passed the Gallup and we'll be in touch is HR talk for PFO. In cork plants anyway.

Do you know how long they generally keep people on their panels following successful applications?

• Advertisement

I'm not at all sure. For the roles I went for the offers were coming quick after the interview hoops were jumped. But for consultant roles they are less stringent as they are short term gigs

For production roles where CPL etc are involved I'd imagine you could be kept waiting for a while as stryker like to have a pool of Gallup successful people to call on should the need arise. So in that circumstance my PFO opinion wouldn't apply now that I think of it.

A good friend of mine got a decent salaried role off them and the process took almost 12 months and the HR lad I mentioned in my previous post submitted his CV as a referral essentially.

stryker Limerick would be reputed as being a grand spot... well worth jumping through the hoops and being patient.

Augeo wrote: »
    I'm not at all sure. For the roles I went for the offers were coming quick after the interview hoops were jumped. But for consultant roles they are less stringent as they are short term gigs

For production roles where CPL etc are involved I'd imagine you could be kept waiting for a while as stryker like to have a pool of Gallup successful people to call on should the need arise. So in that circumstance my PFO opinion wouldn't apply now that I think of it.

A good friend of mine got a decent salaried role off them and the process took almost 12 months and the HR lad I mentioned in my previous post submitted his CV as a referral essentially.

stryker Limerick would be reputed as being a grand spot... well worth jumping through the hoops and being patient.

Thank for the info.
    I've heard all positives about working there so I'm happy to wait it out.
    It was just not knowing, I wasn't told that it could potentially take this long.
    Fortunately I'm currently working so I'm in a position to wait.

Thank for the info.
    I've heard all positives about working there so I'm happy to wait it out.
    It was just not knowing, I wasn't told that it could potentially take this long.
    Fortunately I'm currently working so I'm in a position to wait.

The fact we're both working is the good thing. Be much worse if you were relying on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

I have a few pages of notes and sample Q&A's for Gallup.

PM me and I'll send them on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Too late for the OP now God rest him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Too late for the OP now God rest him.
    You're a bad, bad man... :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭fAzI

eeguy wrote: »

Hi.
    Do you still have those questions?
    Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarahn586

eeguy wrote: »

Still got those??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement