Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18th birthday party venue

Options
  • 18-04-2016 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi!
    I know that De Burgos can be taken over for a private party. Does anybody know if musicians (friends) are allowed to set up for a small gig there?
    Also can we bring in food and cake?
    I rang them but won't be able to have a discussion until the 5th of May (they're abroad on holidays), and I would like to get some answers now in case I need to look further.
    Also, are there other good places in town for that type of small/ medium birthday party? The Cellar?
    Any suggestions welcome!
    Thank you in advance.
    GM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'd be certain you can bring in whatever musicians you want.

Don't think they serve food, so I cannot see any reason why they wouldn't allow you to bring that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The place where I work has had a few events there, and we've always had our own DJ and music system. We've also brought in our own food each time too.

They're also very helpful and friendly there, so I'm sure they'd work with you on any requests slightly out of the ordinary.

EDIT: and we've had a few small bands play there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Yes to both. It's a good place for a party. Well run, very helpful and friendly, too. We brought some food and cakes and had the rest delivered.

Advertisement