Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working at the Depuy

Options
  • 18-04-2016 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hi Guys, any of you here work at the Depuy? They always seem to be advertising manufacturing engineering roles. Is there a high staff turnover? The reason I ask is i'm doing an interview for a job there soon.

Comments

timmyjimmy wrote: »
    Hi Guys, any of you here work at the Depuy?

I used to do some work in there.
    timmyjimmy wrote: »
    They always seem to be advertising manufacturing engineering roles. Is there a high staff turnover? .

Yes (but not staff, people on contract), they tend to hire people that really want a staff position on contract (they generally don't/can't seem to hire engineers that are thoroughbred contractors for contract positions), they lead people to believe there will be opportunities for staff positions. There are but I know people who worked there for 4/5 years before getting a staff position.

For every one who stuck around waiting 5 to 10 left after 12/24 months for opportunities elsewhere. They've lost great people over the years and many of those who stuck around probably applied for the same roles those that left got.

It's a great place for someone who doesn't have much experience (<2) as an engineer to get an engineering job.

I'd wager thousands it's a contract position you are being interviewed for.

The reason for "They always seem to be advertising manufacturing engineering roles" would also be due to growth and investment, the place has grown at a wonderful rate, really remarkable to be fair.

Advertisement