Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant Sand & Jason Lytle

Options
  • 18-04-2016 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Regretably had to give away my tickets for this at short notice-anybody go? should i regret not going?! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

roll wrote: »
    Regretably had to give away my tickets for this at short notice-anybody go? should i regret not going?! :(

Dunno but wish I had been able to go. Saw Howe Gelb last year with Grant Lee Buffalo and thought he was great. Big fan of Grandaddy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭crazyhorse

roll wrote: »

Caught this in Galway. Sorry to have to break it to you but you missed a great one.
    Jason Lytle ran through some of the Grandaddy hits and threw in a Bowie cover for good measure.
    Giant Sand were in great form and Howe was as focused as I've seen him - belting out some blistering tracks from the extensive back catalogue with a focus on material from the more recent albums. Gabe Sullivan and Brian Lopez were given some space to shine on their own and show off the music of their band XIXA. Howe's daughter, Patsy Jean, made an appearance on backing vocals and Jason Lytle joined in the fun on stage near the end. A memorable farewell gig.

Advertisement