Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adventures of a recovering veggie - browning chicken?

Options
  • 18-04-2016 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hey all,

Another rookie question re cooking meat. I made the fab Chicken Korma curry from the boards cookery club this evening - but I'm not a huge fan of the chicken texture, when added raw to a curry. I know I can fry the chicken before adding it to the curry - should I cook the chicken completely before adding it to the curry and reduce the cooking time, or should I just allow it to whiten on the pan and then throw it in undercooked and cook as usual?

This novice cook is wondering when this cooking lark all clicks :)

All tips welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I cook it in the pan just enough to seal it, ie make it whiten, and then add the sauce. If you fry it until it browns it will be tough and stringy.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Skibunny77

Thanks a million, round two this evening was much better :)

Advertisement