Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on startup costs {hairsalon}

Options
  • 18-04-2016 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi i am hoping to start up my own hair salon in the near future but i am so confused as to how much it will cost to refurbish an old shop in my town to a hair salon has anyone got advice or tips or any figures to help me figure out my start up costs???this is to any hairsalon owners with any advice !??? tia

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Forum Requests

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It's impossible to say as it's going to vary massively depending on the condition and location of the unit. A friend of mine opened a small two person beauty place just off Grafton St and was able to fit it out for 15k but was able to get the labour for free from family members who were builders and electricians.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tina.kierney

jimmii wrote: »
    It's impossible to say as it's going to vary massively depending on the condition and location of the unit. A friend of mine opened a small two person beauty place just off Grafton St and was able to fit it out for 15k but was able to get the labour for free from family members who were builders and electricians.

jimmy I was budgeting 10k and that was without labour.. Don't want to go into this blind,,,, it's a small 52Sq mtr unit plumbing will b my biggest obstacles.. Thabks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

jimmy I was budgeting 10k and that was without labour.. Don't want to go into this blind,,,, it's a small 52Sq mtr unit plumbing will b my biggest obstacles.. Thabks for the reply

If you have a unit in mind then see if the landlord will let you get some builders in to give you some quotes. No harm in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Hi Tina,

You'll need to price up the following if you dont have them

Plumbing and tiling the wash basin area
    Flooring
    Customer seating (couches/sofas)
    Cutting stations
    Salon chairs
    Trolleys
    Fire alarm
    Burglar alarm
    Cilmazone if you need one?
    Initial stock colour order
    Initial sundry order (peroxides, rollers,sterilisers )
    Insurance

If you are doing beauty then

Beauty beds
    Nail station

Not a lot of change from 10K, and then you need working capital to cover the opening weeks while you build the business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 tina.kierney

Nuttzz wrote: »
    Hi Tina,

You'll need to price up the following if you dont have them

Plumbing and tiling the wash basin area
    Flooring
    Customer seating (couches/sofas)
    Cutting stations
    Salon chairs
    Trolleys
    Fire alarm
    Burglar alarm
    Cilmazone if you need one?
    Initial stock colour order
    Initial sundry order (peroxides, rollers,sterilisers )
    Insurance

If you are doing beauty then

Beauty beds
    Nail station

Not a lot of change from 10K, and then you need working capital to cover the opening weeks while you build the business

I have budgeted for most of these things but it's the labour I'm afraid will put the costs through the roof Il contact the landlord nd see if he will let me quote the job thank u so much for ur advice
    I have Ben negotiating a rent agreement he is looking for 650 per month can I persuade him to come down from that for a longer lease ie 4 years??? What do ye think??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Make sure you find out what the rates are and that they are paid up to date

Also how long a lease is he offering? You'd want a couple of years if you're sinking 10k into it

Also while you're doing up the shop it used to be customary to get a rent free period of a month or two

At 650 a month he may look for 2/3 months deposit so factor that in as well

Labour costs are very subjective where in the country are you?

Advertisement