Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleaf GS Cotton Coils 1.2 ohm

Options
  • 18-04-2016 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Right so a question.....I am happily vaping away on an Istick 30w and GS Air clearo, using the bog standard 1.5ohm coils.

A few months ago I ran out, normal coils out of stock so I ordered the 1.2 cotton ones. Well I put it in, let the liquid soak, and nothing. Didn't work AT ALL. Put it away, and tried another - same thing.A few curses, and found an old one till I could order the right ones.

Well I only ask because I just spoke to my sister, who mistakenly ordered the cotton coils, and NONE of hers work either! All 5 of them! Now is it a collection of dud coils, or do you have to change the settings on the mod to something I don't know about? I normally have mine set at between 14 to 15w ish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

14/15 watts should still fire a 1.2 coil, sounds like the coil may not be making contact with the base/510 connection.
    Make sure the coil is well screwed into the base and try again.
    It is possible to get a dud out of a batch and if that's the case I'd bring em back to your vendor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Did ye both buy from the same place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

moleyv wrote: »
    Did ye both buy from the same place?

No.....seems strange though....she bought 5, all dead. I bought 2, both dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Your Istick should show an error such as "no atomiser" if it is not making good contact.

Also you should be able to see on the display the resistance of the coil and that should be around 1.2, are you seeing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I ordered some of the 1.5 ohm coils and what was delivered were 1.2 ohms. They were absolute much. Didn't burn right no matter what I did with them, died really quickly, just had a horrible time all round. Mine weren't dead like you describe, they did burn, but they were terrible. On the next order I received 1.5 ohms and they're working like a charm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Pulled them out and tried again - horrible burnt taste off them so obviously not as dead as I thought. In the bin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

I bought 2 new clearo GS Air's and I bought 3 x 1.5 coils and 3 x 1.2 coils.
    To be honest Im not sure if the 1.2 ones are cotton they are now in a drawer somewhere and i cant be ar5ed looking for them

I filled the first tank with juice and a 1.5 coil and its here beside me - its a menthol flavour so i only use it every once in a while.

I put my ADV in the other clearo and it just tasted like a dryburnt hit from the first vape - I chucked it in the drawer and Im not too bothered but Im guessing its the same story as the OP.

Im sticking with my original clearos and im not overly impressed with the GS Air.

my 2 cents......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Bought a pack of the 1.2 ohm coils everyone of them had a horrible burning taste, don't know what was causing it. I have loads of tanks but I love my gs air for out and about so reliable and never leaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

The GS Air is a nice wee tank. I find the flavour quite good.

I had a 1.2 coil knocking about and I stuck it in out of curiosity after reading this thread - tasteless.

The original 1.5 coils are good though. The Cubis I got recently has better flavour, but it has its own issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I ordered some of the 1.5 ohm coils and what was delivered were 1.2 ohms. They were absolute much. Didn't burn right no matter what I did with them, died really quickly, just had a horrible time all round. Mine weren't dead like you describe, they did burn, but they were terrible. On the next order I received 1.5 ohms and they're working like a charm.

Where did you order them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Where did you order them?

E-smoke Ireland. It's the only time they've ever made a mistake on one of my orders. That the 1.2 ohm coils were useless can't be blamed on them though.

Advertisement