Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mms settings htc one m9

Options
  • 18-04-2016 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I recently got a loan of a HTC One M9. Unlocked. I have the APN settings for the internet which works fine but I can't send or receive MMS settings. Can someone post the correct settings? Thanks.
    I'm an eir customer (eMobile Sim).
    Also I'm wondering why do some text messages automatically switch to multimedia messages? (without emoji etc).
    My contract is up in September and am thinking of getting a HTC 10. Depends on how this works out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Zinga123 wrote: »
    I recently got a loan of a HTC One M9. Unlocked. I have the APN settings for the internet which works fine but I can't send or receive MMS settings. Can someone post the correct settings? Thanks.
    I'm an eir customer (eMobile Sim).
    Also I'm wondering why do some text messages automatically switch to multimedia messages? (without emoji etc).
    My contract is up in September and am thinking of getting a HTC 10. Depends on how this works out.
    Hi Zinga123,

Thanks for getting in touch, if you follow this link here it will guide you through the set up http://support.eir.ie/smartphonehelp

This can happen either when you put in too many characters the message will automatically convert to MMS or if you input an emoji your message can change to MMS automatically.

-Pamela  

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Zinga123

Thanks for getting back to me with those settings.
    Unfortunately they didn't work. I followed all of the steps as stated on the site and when I went to save the APN I got a message saying that the MNC field must be 2 or 3 digits. The instructions stated that this was to be left blank (step 11 - do nothing). It did not allow me to change anything in it but kicked me out of the APN I was trying to create and left me trying to start from scratch.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks for getting back to me with those settings.
    Unfortunately they didn't work. I followed all of the steps as stated on the site and when I went to save the APN I got a message saying that the MNC field must be 2 or 3 digits. The instructions stated that this was to be left blank (step 11 - do nothing). It did not allow me to change anything in it but kicked me out of the APN I was trying to create and left me trying to start from scratch.

Any help with this would be appreciated.
    Hi Zinga123,

These are the settings you need, if they don't do the trick I would recommend popping into one of our stores and they would be more than happy to take a look at your phone.

-Pamela 
    • [font=Arial, sans-serif]Connection name:[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] eir Mobile data[/font]
    • [font=Arial, sans-serif]Data bearer:[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] Packet data or GPRS on some handsets[/font]
    • [font=Arial, sans-serif]Access Point Name:[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] data.eir.ie[/font]
    • [font=Arial, sans-serif]Username:[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] N/A[/font]
    • [font=Arial, sans-serif]Prompt password:[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] N/A[/font]
    • [font=Arial, sans-serif]Password[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]: N/A[/font]
    • [font=Arial, sans-serif]Authentication:[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] None[/font]
    • [font=Arial, sans-serif]Homepage:[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] http://m.eir Mobile.ie[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Zinga123

Hi Pamela. That didn't seem to work. The Settings don't have the same titles as the website or your instructions (ie: mine doesn't have homepage). I'm just wondering if it is that the instructions are from an older version of Android or that the phone was originally from 3... I'll plug away with it as it is for now and see if I can do anything with it down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Pamela. That didn't seem to work. The Settings don't have the same titles as the website or your instructions (ie: mine doesn't have homepage). I'm just wondering if it is that the instructions are from an older version of Android or that the phone was originally from 3... I'll plug away with it as it is for now and see if I can do anything with it down the line.
    I'd recommend calling into one of our stores and one of the guys in store would be more than happy to take a look at these settings on your mobile for you Zinga123

-Tracey

• Advertisement
Advertisement