Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rumbling noise at night

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The machines from a milking parlor or other farm stuff by any chance?
    I get a noise something very early morning, turned out to be machines in a shed a good mile away from the house. Can only hear it in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

It could be a ghost. By any chance are there any Haunted castles in the locality?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

my two cents worth.

It's Daltons Mill out the Freshford Rd. they have grain dryers going 24/7 this time of the year. I'm across the fields from them and there is always a drone from the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

I'm so glad you posted this. I've been hearing it for months now. Starts around 11pm every night and keeps going until at least 2am. Very annoying. It is definitely coming from something industrial. I would say it is either Daltons mills or maybe that Kilkenny food place that does the convenience food. I'm in riverside by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I think I've discovered where its coming from, was unfortunately out at the hospital late a night a couple of weeks ago and it seems to be the haulage place beside the hospital carpark that's generating the racket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

PaulKK wrote: »
    I think I've discovered where its coming from, was unfortunately out at the hospital late a night a couple of weeks ago and it seems to be the haulage place beside the hospital carpark that's generating the racket.

Large cold rooms refrigerators so? They've quite a big operation out there

road_high wrote: »
    Large cold rooms refrigerators so? They've quite a big operation out there

Yep I'm guessing so. They do ice cream distribution as far as I know so that would be plausible.

Is anyone else hearing that now? It's the worst I had ever heard it and been going on since since last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

jiggajt wrote: »
    Is anyone else hearing that now? It's the worst I had ever heard it and been going on since since last night.

Where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 venlo

could be the wexford hurlers doing their nighttime training

Yea, its back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankCummins

Is it KK block company tryswood pumping water up from the river for there batching plant, or is it coming from the water treatment plant its two places I think it would be coming from. As regards Daltons on the Freshford road they wouldn't be drying barley at this time of the year unless they are making up meal mixes for livestock , its hardly coming from Branigans prl that is only a warehouse.

Is it KK block company tryswood pumping water up from the river for there batching plant, or is it coming from the water treatment plant its two places I think it would be coming from. As regards Daltons on the Freshford road they wouldn't be drying barley at this time of the year unless they are making up meal mixes for livestock , its hardly coming from Branigans prl that is only a warehouse.

Could well be, they're more than just a warehouse they'd have large freezer plants.

road_high wrote: »
    Could well be, they're more than just a warehouse they'd have large freezer plants.
    Would they be making that much noise so near the hospital , built up area

Ok, Update. Ive been hearing this noise for months now but only at night when it was nice and quiet. About 5 days ago I started hearing it during the day again and it was driving me batty!

However, one day i put a pair of ear muffs on and noticed that it got louder!! That's when i went to the docter and basically i have tinnitus! Now it apparently is not associated with hearing loss and is more than likely a build up of wax or an infection but it is NOT a noise coming from town!!

How about that! If any of you are hearing it then maybe you need to go get checked out too. It is most commonly heard at night when there is no other noise to drown it out.

Ok, Update. Ive been hearing this noise for months now but only at night when it was nice and quiet. About 5 days ago I started hearing it during the day again and it was driving me batty!

However, one day i put a pair of ear muffs on and noticed that it got louder!! That's when i went to the docter and basically i have tinnitus! Now it apparently is not associated with hearing loss and is more than likely a build up of wax or an infection but it is NOT a noise coming from town!!

How about that! If any of you are hearing it then maybe you need to go get checked out too. It is most commonly heard at night when there is no other noise to drown it out.
    Good man keep in touch with yourself

Good man keep in touch with yourself

Well i just thought it was worth sharing because some of the other people on the thread who heard a noise might also be suffering from tinnitus but pardon me for caring....;)

Well i just thought it was worth sharing because some of the other people on the thread who heard a noise might also be suffering from tinnitus but pardon me for caring....;)

My appologies

Advertisement