Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you sleep enough?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭garyskeepers

5-7
    ps,,, retired at 38 rocks :) , im 38 too . god bless retiredom :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭poa

Hahaha if I was bumpin lines I wouldn't be complaining about no sleep!

It was good fun. But it's moreish and becomes a habit. I had 20 years of taking E, acid, mushrooms, speed, charlie, weed. I never took crack or heroin though. The thing is, I was just filling the vacuum of not having a wife and kids to go home to. I worked hard and played harder. I have always been a libertine that needs sensory pleasure. That might be the feeling of leather seats in my car, skin on a woman's breasts, or a flute of prosecco. Taste, smell, touch, all excite me you see. I crave the dopamine rush of risk and naughty behaviour.
    I drove fast cars and was promiscuous with women. But I wasn't sleeping or eating well, and my health was suffering. When I was younger I could get away with it, and being a sociopath and at time psychotic at work was admired. I was getting away with being an animal.
    At 38 I had enough of it all, and decided to quit when I was ahead and retire.
    Now I just grow a weed plant for personal use, and don't touch anything else other than Pinot Grigio or Prosecco.
    The problem with charlie is that it sobers you up and so after 2 bottles of wine you feel sharp and think you can drive a car and function normally etc. But in reality you are behaving like a total psychotic animal that just wants excess and thrills.
    I suppose I have just fast forwarded my life from 38-65. And at 39 I feel retirement suits me.
    These days some UB40, a joint, and a nice pot of tea are just the job.
    If only I could find a woman who gets that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,849 ✭✭✭buried

has anyone ever had sleep paralysis

I suffered from it a bit a few years back, at a time when I know I was stressing myself daily at work with no release, that is what caused it, I know this now because I haven't experienced it in a good few years and cut the needless stress out. But yeah, a glowing witch hag trying to grab you from the ceiling while you are stuck to your bed unable to move or open your mouth...hard to forget, Its crazy that a lot of people experience this exact same event during sleep, 2 other people I know personally have gone through the exact same thing also

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

has anyone ever had sleep paralysis

I don't know if that's what you call it, but once I smoked and drank so much I fell asleep and p.issed myself. Fortunately my girlfriend was still asleep, and blissfully unaware I had p.issed all over her as well. So I got up, showered and got changed; then put a towel over the bed and went back to sleep.
    Then as luck would have it she woke up mortified and in tears, begging me not to tell anyone about her little accident.
    Naturally I assured her that her secret was safe with me. I got away with it, and let's just say she was very, very, appreciative.

Retired at 38, were you in a boy band?

A gentleman never reveals his secrets.
    Lets just say it was an unpopular profession.
    I did OK out of it, then had enough and called it a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Chris2048

Speedwell wrote: »
    Don't drink Red Bull; it's dehydrating. What you need to combat black circles under the eyes and dull skin is good fresh water.

energydrink-ie.redbull DOT com red-bull-does-not-cause-dehydration

Seems it's no more dehydrating than any non-isotonic drink...

I got it a couple of times, right after my dad passed away. The first time I got it was the worst. It was like I was just in a light sleep, I dreamed my dad was giving me a hug which made me open my eyes but when I opened my eyes it wasn't my dad it was a dead old woman with wild grey hair and an open mouth and I couldn't move. I couldn't see her anymore but I could feel something squeezing me so tight I felt I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move or scream.
    It went away then but it was terrifying and I haven't really had much enjoyable sleep since. I feel better when someone's in bed with me, safer. I'll sleep better if someone's with me. I wouldn't sleep much at all on my own.

Even when I was single, I was quite close to one of my housemates and we would spoon each other at night a lot. Nothing else was going on. He was just a cuddle buddy but it was easier to relax with someone in the bed.

I am no doctor but spooning is definitely the medicine required.
    Its clear you are suffering from severe spooning withdrawal symptoms.
    The prognosis is good however, a few days phoning in sick for 8 hour spooning sessions will completely cure you of the treacherous illness.
    It took me many sessions at spooning anonymous meetings when I was in denial, to admit to the group that I was a spooning addict craving my next fix.

#spoonsbeforepenetration

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭garyskeepers

5-7
    poa wrote: »

sounds like something we should know about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

7-8
    poa wrote: »

Bank?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

"Squall wrote:
    girlfriend tossing in the bed wakes me

She's a keeper.

Advertisement