Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Fitting

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

moonshadow wrote: »
    They might.... Or they make changes that cost some €€ such as a stem or seat post...be prepared to say yay or nay and buy your own bits.
    Personally I was with bike fit in Gormanstown and it was excellent.

Yeah that's true, most things can work around stem length, crank length, and saddle height.

Sure you get your report with exact measurements from bike fit studio anyway so you can always buy the other parts that suit you and your price range and then fit them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

Anyone gone to Brendan Whelan , bicycle design centre, Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Just had a Retul fit done for my road and TT bikes yesterday with John in Bike Fit Studio. Service is fantastic, just had to post here to add my voice to the positive feedback here already.

I had fits done in the past with a couple of the others mentioned in this thread - intent is not to speak ill of any services as I got value from each of them, but the difference with the Retul system capturing data dynamically while you are actually cycling rather than static is significant. It shows about 20 different data measurements and I had major changes in several key measurements from the different setups. The final setup on both bikes has me much further forward, more comfortable, and feeling way more powerful as my legs are more over than behind the pedals. Will need to quantity the changes with a power test, am returning after a period off the bike so will be ramping up to full fitness over next couple of weeks and will then test and I just know from the feel of the new position that there'll be some gains.

For 4 hours of expert focus and advice, the price was very good value, I definitely recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I had Retul fit done by John last year and can only agree with what was said above. Very thorough and sorted out my knee and lower back pain and leg cramps straight away. He pushed me up and forward to properly engage my glutes and ha and aligned my cleats better too.
    Best money I've spent on the bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

How is the Retul fit for deciding you on what bike to seek out and buy, and what its geometry should be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Fugs!!

Can anyone recommend a bike fit in the south east? Waterford or kilkenny area?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Anyone gone to Brendan Whelan , bicycle design centre, Naas?

I've been to Brendan but not for a fitting. He fixed my steel racing bike, replaced one of the dropouts. I'll be bringing it back to him for a re-spray soon.

He's definitely very knowledgable and passionate about what he does, I'm sure his fitting is top shelf.

Advertisement