Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy SMS from BOI

Options
  • 19-04-2016 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Just got a dodgy text from BOI saying my access to 365online was blocked, and telling me to go to 365online with a .org URL for more information.

How does this appear to be from BOI, it's in the same text history as all the confirmations I get from BOI e.g whenever I add a payee or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

redt0m wrote: »
    Just got a dodgy text from BOI saying my access to 365online was blocked, and telling me to go to 365online with a .org URL for more information.

How does this appear to be from BOI, it's in the same text history as all the confirmations I get from BOI e.g whenever I add a payee or something?
    Hi redt0m, thanks for getting in touch.

We’re aware that there are fraudulent SMS messages currently in circulation. These aren't genuine haven't been sent by Bank of Ireland.

Please delete the SMS message from your mobile and make sure you don't click on any of the links contained in the message.

You can get some more information on security guidelines here.

If you receive a fraudulent message at any time you can report it immediately to 365security@boi.com

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement