Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this build any good for gaming (after adding a graphic carf)

Options
  • 19-04-2016 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

I am considering buying this PC from a guy on Facebook.
    Was wondering if it would be any use at gaming after adding a decent graphic card.
    I'd like to play games like
    Ark: Survival Evolved
    GTA Online
    Day Z

FUJITSU ESPRIMO
    Intel Pentium E6600 3.06 GHz
    4gb ddr3
    320gb HD
    Windows 10

Would it work? If so, which graphics card should I add?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

If you set everything to the lowest, drop the resolution down... It'll probably still stutter fairly badly.

I wouldn't put anything over a 750ti into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That CPU is 10 years old. Its suitable for mom and pops silver surfer box, not much more.

Dont pay any more than €80 for that and if you want to game try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It won't play any of those games, not even close. What's the budget op, we might be able to suggest a better option. I presume a build is out of the question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Way too old, any graphics card capable of running those games would be massively bottlenecked. As above, the whole machine's not worth more than about €80.

For your uses the bare minimum spend would probably be around the €350-400 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

€80 would be pushing it, wouldn't think of more than €50 for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

PC is €70.
    Didn't think it would be any good but thought I'd ask.
    Hard to know what's good and what isn't. So many GPU & CPU options, especially when I don't know what's what.

I want the cheapest PC I can get which is able to play decent games (low res and frame rate wouldn't bother me as I would t be gaming competitivly).
    Ideally something around the same price as a console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's DDR3 so it's one of the later gen's, the E6600 was 2.4Ghz so presumably the CPU is actually an E7600 rather than that, probably would take the Q8x or Q9x quad's.

It would still be pretty decent for normal desktop use...just not gaming of any kind (except maybe CS: Go, Minecraft and the like with a €30 2nd card)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Fill out the post here and post back, we'll figure something out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

€400 as a build

i3 6100 €120
    8gb RAM €40
    B150 board €50
    750Ti €130
    Case €30
    1tb HDD €40
    400w PSU €50
    Total €460

Individual parts will bring it down a little bit, but that's about as good as you can do

Try mind factory or computer universe for parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Think I'm gonna buy each part as I can afford them and build it over the next month or 2.

Gonna start with the case and stuff the parts into it as I get them.

I don't think it matters which case I get, but is there anything I should look for (or avoid)?

• Advertisement
Advertisement