Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamp 4 EU FAM application

Options
  • 19-04-2016 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Dear friends,

I am non-EU citizen and am residing in Ireland with my wife and son. They both are British citizens. I came here in 2014 with green card and am working in a company as software engineer. I had stamp 1 and back in September we have applied for Stamp 4 EU FAM (8 months back). I have been issued temporary stamp 4 EU FAM which was over on 7th April (12 days ago). So far I have no response from them. On my email inquiries they are replying that I should be patient and wait.

I think our circumstances are little bit not standard. The thing is that my wife does not work as she has to take care of our son (6monts old). I have work since day one I am here. In the application we have mentioned that my wife is residing with sufficient resources and we have provided them with statements from our merged bank account.

Luckily the Gardai has extended my permission to stay till May, but from the EU Treaty Rights Unit point of view I am residing here illegal for 12 days already and they do not want to let me know about the status of the application, dates or anything.

Could someone help with suggestion about what can I do to make them be more transparent (wife can apply to UK Embassy, etc..).
    Any suggestion or thought would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

You could contact your local TD, that may speed things up.

Other than that, I'm afraid you have to wait. You could write a registered letter requesting an update of your application and asking them if they need any more documents from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

tighovhann wrote: »
    Dear friends,

I am non-EU citizen and am residing in Ireland with my wife and son. They both are British citizens. I came here in 2014 with green card and am working in a company as software engineer. I had stamp 1 and back in September we have applied for Stamp 4 EU FAM (8 months back). I have been issued temporary stamp 4 EU FAM which was over on 7th April (12 days ago). So far I have no response from them. On my email inquiries they are replying that I should be patient and wait.

I think our circumstances are little bit not standard. The thing is that my wife does not work as she has to take care of our son (6monts old). I have work since day one I am here. In the application we have mentioned that my wife is residing with sufficient resources and we have provided them with statements from our merged bank account.

Luckily the Gardai has extended my permission to stay till May, but from the EU Treaty Rights Unit point of view I am residing here illegal for 12 days already and they do not want to let me know about the status of the application, dates or anything.

Could someone help with suggestion about what can I do to make them be more transparent (wife can apply to UK Embassy, etc..).
    Any suggestion or thought would be appreciated.

Thanks.

As you point out your application is non standard, you really need advice of a professional in this area.

Advertisement