Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get this effect

Options
  • 19-04-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering how I could achieve the same effect as in this video for my snapchat stories when I upload them to Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKESN9uw6iA&feature=youtu.be

As you can see there's a blured effect in the background and there's also a snapchat code and logo on either side of the video.

I'd like to do this in FCPX but I'm not sure as to how to go about it.

Any help would be great on this.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

That's fairly basic stuff. Any introduction tutorial guide to the software would cover what's being done in that video.

Blurred background is just the video size increased so it's wide enough to fit the width of the screen and a blur filter applied. Then the video is placed on top of that regular size, the need for this could have been completely avoided in that video if she just held the camera the right way up.

The rest is just dropping pictures in and positioning them.

Advertisement