Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

error with ATM

Options
  • 19-04-2016 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I was at an AIB ATM in galway on Saturday and tried to take two separate transactions of 100euros out from my account. The machine gave no cash but my account was debited. I call you on sat and yesterday and was advised my money would be back in my account this morning and there is nothing there. I called and again today and was told that you didnt know when it would be back. I keep getting conflicting information. I just want to know when my account will be refunded. I have absolutely no money and find this very frustrating. I am 200euro down and nobody can give me a definite answer. I emailed you aswell on Saturday and still have not received a reply. Can somebody please sort this for me as I do not have any money for the week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Hi I was at an AIB ATM in galway on Saturday and tried to take two separate transactions of 100euros out from my account. The machine gave no cash but my account was debited. I call you on sat and yesterday and was advised my money would be back in my account this morning and there is nothing there. I called and again today and was told that you didnt know when it would be back. I keep getting conflicting information. I just want to know when my account will be refunded. I have absolutely no money and find this very frustrating. I am 200euro down and nobody can give me a definite answer. I emailed you aswell on Saturday and still have not received a reply. Can somebody please sort this for me as I do not have any money for the week.
    AIB will need to audit the machine to make sure that it is 200 up, which BOI will need to request that this is done. Hopefully one of the reps can sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Handbags2016

AIB will need to audit the machine to make sure that it is 200 up, which BOI will need to request that this is done. Hopefully one of the reps can sort you out.
    Thanks for the info goldenhoarde 

Its just so frustrating that I keep getting different information.

Do you have any idea how long that process takes by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Thanks for the info goldenhoarde 

Its just so frustrating that I keep getting different information.

Do you have any idea how long that process takes by any chance?
    Good Afternoon Handbags2016,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

When something like this happens, usually the funds are automatically returned by the ATM the next day. Occasionally it can take up to five working days. As goldenhoarde correctly pointed out AIB will need to reconcile their machine first. It can sometimes happen that AIB see no discrepancies in their balance of this ATM, it is then that BOI can step in to request a refund, this can be raised via the Online Service Desk.

Apologies you have not yet received a reply to your message, it will be answered as soon as possible. 

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with, 

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Handbags2016

Hi Evie

Thanks for replying

How often do AIB reconcile their machines & what area do I raise the request for the refund

It just sounds like this process is going to take a really long time and I have called the shop and they have confirmed that there was an error on that particular day with the machine so I don't understand the delay with everything. I literally have no money for the rest of the week and to be quote honest I feel like nobody has even looked into it for me or tried to help. I don't get paid until Wednesday week and what am I suppose to live on when you have my money blocked.

I would really like if someone could help me with this 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi Evie

Thanks for replying

How often do AIB reconcile their machines & what area do I raise the request for the refund

It just sounds like this process is going to take a really long time and I have called the shop and they have confirmed that there was an error on that particular day with the machine so I don't understand the delay with everything. I literally have no money for the rest of the week and to be quote honest I feel like nobody has even looked into it for me or tried to help. I don't get paid until Wednesday week and what am I suppose to live on when you have my money blocked.

I would really like if someone could help me with this 

Hi, 

I do understand your frustration here, but regrettably we do not have the funds, we would still be waiting on these to arrive back into your account. As soon as they do arrive they will be credited to your account. I am sorry to hear this has happened and if there was a way to expedite this process we would be doing this straight away. 

Thanks,

Evie

• Advertisement
Advertisement