Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 4th Annual Irish Beer Mile Championships. July 2nd 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Looks like I'm out, babysitter woes. All that beer drinking down the drain :mad::(
    Ah well, I've got a base to build on now, it's all in the bank, etc. etc.

Have an great time later on, looking forward to the race reports (preferably written while still buzzing from the race beers).

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

After a visit to the offo and a tough training session last night, I settled on Firestone pivo 12oz cans, 5.2%. they don't seem very gassy and I was breaking drinking PBs with them all night. Excited to test them on the track this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

First one here and pre race jitters are high! The organisers have even lined the track. #ThisisSerious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

Hoping there's a video or at least a few good pics this year. Video preferable of course. Enjoy all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Just on my way to the track but might be a couple of mins late...eek!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭DogSlySmile

National beer mile champion mother ****aaaaassasssss!!!! 6:52 a Shiite time but a great time had

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

This was a great event, raging I can't get into town and I'll have to train for the next one, defo changing beer Brooklyn Lager isn't for downing, have fun tonight everyone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

This was a great event, raging I can't get into town and I'll have to train for the next one, defo changing beer Brooklyn Lager isn't for downing, have fun tonight everyone!!

I was last mainly to do with drinking the froth of Brooklyn lager! Great fun though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Female beer mile champion 'hic' :D

Where are the videos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Oh! And I'm calling for a female trophy next year!

• Advertisement

Toulouse wrote: »
    Oh! And I'm calling for a female trophy next year!

Has to be, might attract a few competitors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Where are the videos?

Well done C great performance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Great event. Well done to all the competed. Came 5th in around 9 mins so delighted. Going for beers in Ryans if anyone wants to join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Thrilled with 6th in 9:01. Not a PB but a Kilbogget PB. Ryan's folks. All welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

belcarra wrote: »
    I was last mainly to do with drinking the froth of Brooklyn lager! Great fun though!

Ah Belcarra, your ****e running might have had a say as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Where are the videos?

Brilliant :D well done you!

emerald007 wrote: »

Am hamnered but can't get that working. Can you throw up on you tube?

Huge thanks to all the volunteers who took times, placings, videos and cleaned up. Without your thankless help this evening could not have operated as smoothly. Much appreciated.

Somebody left behind a blue beer case with an ice pack inside. Whoever owns it let me know.

On the flip side, I have lost my right shoe. This makes no sense as I didn't open by bag properly until I was in town but if anybody has seen a black Echo shoe can you please let me know. Maybe it fell out of my bag when grabbing my beer and somebody picked it up in error. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Peterx

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Well done C great performance :)

Well done all. By any chance did anyone bring away a small blue cooler box? The drink was taking hold, I did well to bring my bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Jump to about 1min when we flip to the correct rotation.

Provisional results below. Official results will be on beermile.com when I get around to sending them in. If anybody notices any errors please let me know. I had to go through this thread to match up the usernames to the real names as I wasn't sure of some. There's 2 lads whose usernames I can't find. If either of you post here let me know and I'll amend this table.

Place | Name | Gender| Time | Beer
    1|DogSlySmile|M|6:51.88|Moosehead
    2|CR7|M|6:52.54|Sierra Nevada Kolsch
    3|Peterx|M|7:45.95|Brooklyn Lager
    4|KielyUnusual|M|8:32.07|Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
    5|Cleanman|M|9:00.08|Moosehead
    6|Chivito550|M|9:01.99|James Boags
    7|davedannon|M|9:02.92|Moosehead
    8|MonkstownHoop|M|9:25.65|Brooklyn Lager
    9|simonw|M|9:45.28|Firestone Pivo
    10|Murph_D|M|10:41.26|Moosehead
    11|Timmaay|M|11:21.11|Blue Moon
    12|Toulouse|F|11:31.81|Sierra Nevada Nooner
    13|emerald007|M|12:03.09|Blue Moon
    14|Angelika|F|12:18.32|Staropram
    15|Stephan|M|12:56.17|Fire Rock Pale Ale
    16|belcarra|M|14:27.52|Brooklyn Lager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Peterx wrote: »
    Well done all. By any chance did anyone bring away a small blue cooler box? The drink was taking hold, I did well to bring my bag!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure someone picked that up. I think Chivito took it with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Pretty delighted with a massive pb, 9:03 after a 10:24 (I think) on my debut last year. Disappointed to get run out of it by a track fairy, but I don't think much of his kick. Next year I'll have him, and break 9 minutes too.

Special mention to Timmaay and belcarra, who were the only pukers out of the 16 competitors. :)

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Special mention to Timmaay and belcarra, who were the only pukers out of the 16 competitors. :)

What year had the most pukers?

What year had the most pukers?

I wasn't there the first year, but I don't recall any puking the last 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Chivito550 wrote: »
    I wasn't there the first year, but I don't recall any puking the last 2 years.

I seem to remember two of the Tallaght lads had issues surprisingly enough. One of them was somewhat controversial though #FrothGate :D

• Advertisement

I'll hopefully get my race report done tomorrow. I need to spend a bit of time on it to do it justice. :)

Advertisement