Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flush vs Flush question

Options
  • 19-04-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Playing an online cash game at 10nl - the board basically put out 4 Diamonds. No problem I thought as I had KJd and the Qd was out on board.
    Opponent was somewhat of an aggro-fish. He bets the river OOP and I raise 2.5x his raise to try get some more chips in the middle. He then Jams.....

There is one card in the deck that beats me here (Ad), and every bit of common sense is telling me to fold, I even let my timer tick down to the last second before making up my mind, making the call, and seeing the bad news. He flushed on the turn, as did I, and the turn went check, check. Flop was usual bet call play. This hand haunted me for a day as I KNEW I should have mucked it. Lesson learned. But interested to see what you guys think.
    He called my 3x PFR from the SB with A6d......marginal play I guess.

Should I have dumped the hand facing the river 3bet all-in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

I think call if he has it he has it

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

gonko wrote: »
    Playing an online cash game at 10nl - the board basically put out 4 Diamonds. No problem I thought as I had KJd and the Qd was out on board.
    Opponent was somewhat of an aggro-fish. He bets the river OOP and I raise 2.5x his raise to try get some more chips in the middle. He then Jams.....

There is one card in the deck that beats me here (Ad), and every bit of common sense is telling me to fold, I even let my timer tick down to the last second before making up my mind, making the call, and seeing the bad news. He flushed on the turn, as did I, and the turn went check, check. Flop was usual bet call play. This hand haunted me for a day as I KNEW I should have mucked it. Lesson learned. But interested to see what you guys think.
    He called my 3x PFR from the SB with A6d......marginal play I guess.

Should I have dumped the hand facing the river 3bet all-in?
    Given the way the hand played out and with no previous history, it's aclear fold, you raised his river lead with the 2nd nuts, without history and at the level i.e. 10nl, no one is ever bluffing the river in that spot.

Advertisement