Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reep rewards rip-off

Options
  • 19-04-2016 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

I just noticed that my reep reward balance has gone down by nearly €4, I emailed them to ask why, it turns out that they have started a new thing whereby they enter everyone into a draw and charge €1.90 a week for it.
    So email them to take you out of the draw or your reep balance will be gone in no time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Also, watch out. If you don't earn any cash back in 60 days, they will deduct 50c per week until you either do earn cashback or run out of earnings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I got €45 from them a few weeks ago.

I haven't wasted by time since - too much effort for so little reqard. Now, they've dropped rewards to Tesco receipts to 1 cent per receipt. Glad I deleted the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,028 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Was waiting til I got to 50 to withdraw and cancel. Like yourself, there's 3.80 gone off that and it'd be a rare week I'd scan 1.90 particularly now Tesco is down to 1c.

Got a huge base load from the Esso days and just wanted to cash out - might give up if I can't get the 3.80 back to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I emailed them to say I didn't want to take part in the draws and they refunded me the €1.50 they had charged.

I have the app over a year and only have about 30 quid in it. When I can cash out at €50 I'll be deleting it. Too much effort for such small pay off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

me and my wife were taking it in turns to get the 50 euro, both got it twice been members now since it first came out
    after this news ive deleted the app
    they got us all on board with 25 cent per receipt then cut that to 15 now tesco is 1 cent pfft
    fxxx them

• Advertisement

I got *some* refund for what was taken but not full. Also emails to confirm receipts have scanned seem to have stopped which is a balls if one didn't - you can't work out from the app

There was a feature on a BBC show today about similar apps in the UK and one of them was clearly the same app - it must be an off the shelf system.

I'm still getting emails to confirm receipts have been paid/rejected but some go into my spam mail, so maybe check there.

I've had loads of receipts rejected even though they are clear as day when I photograph them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

The newly introduced weekly draw, where your agreement to participate was based on you having to opt out despite never consenting to participate when you first signed up, screams of trying to pull a fast one....

I do wonder whether the paid for draw, even if its not 'real money', breaches lottery licence regulations...

Topaz's loyalty scheme works VERY similarly and is run using the Jack & Jill Foundation lottery licence (for which they pay the charity a fee per entry). Various grocery firms have done the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

I cashed out as soon as I could. Every 2nd receipt was rejected even though I followed the instructions and the images were perfectly clear on my phone. That was when it was 15-25c per receipt; I can't believe it's only 1c per receipt now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

I had it on phone for about a year got 110 euro out of it. Never again. Glad I deleted it now. 1c a receipt . Jesus.

Only Tesco is reduced to 1c - so far! The app is still a hideous battery hog also.

Second the cashout from hitting 50 hits I'm deleting the app and gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Seems to be gone completely now, you cannot scan any receipts, their facebook page is gone and their website is down.

I was nearly at €50 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Me too. Website down. Facebook gone. App not accepting receipts. Utter rip off.

Boards users said it first as usual
    Reap rewards is dead

Twitter account gone too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

nooooooooooooooooo

if it wasnt a scam before..............

• Registered Users Posts: 15,571 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I received the following email today;

Hi AndyBoBandy

Today it is with a heavy heart that we must announce that we are closing down the Reep Rewards business.

We are very proud of the community that rallied around Reep Rewards, and we are inspired by the incredible participation we have seen from our users.

We understand that for many users the Reep Rewards app has become a part of their everyday lives, so we want to make this transition as smooth as possible for you.

While we can no longer accept receipts, you are still entitled to redeem your Reep cent for the suite of rewards that appear in the app (rewards remain the same). However please note that the Reep Rewards programme will shut down at 2pm on Monday 16th May so you must redeem your Reep cent before that time. All rewards that are claimed will be dispatched over the following 14 days (by 30th May 2016).

You can feel 100% secure in the knowledge that any data collected by Reep has and will be treated correctly under the Data Protection code and it will be destroyed when the programme closes.

It is an emotional day for the team here at Reep. The business had built up a head of steam over the last 12 months and we secured some valuable clients. Our business model was to run promotions and sell shopper insights to brands and retailers. Unfortunately we found out the hard way that we needed a deeper understanding of what unique insights were required by retailers and brands.

The team want to say a heartfelt thanks to you for helping us to build the business. Reep turned into a household name, but now it’s time for us all to go our separate ways.

The people who supported Reep can consider themselves to be early adopters and pioneers. You joined us on a fascinating journey, using smartphone technology in a totally new way. You were always fun and supportive. For all this work and support we want to say thank you.

The Reep Rewards story ends here. Unfortunately many challenges in the world of shopper insights remain unsolved, and we failed to create a sustainable platform for you. For this, we are deeply sorry.

We will be sending a few reminder emails during the week to remind you to redeem your Reep Cent.

For now however, we will sign off by wishing you all the best from Team Reep. May you always find what you are looking for in life, and never shy away from the path less travelled.

Best of luck,

The Reep Team

Get in there quick as well folks as I had €48.62 reep cent, and theres feck all rewards left! I got bowling & a hot towel shave!

should have got to the €50 cash out a few weeks ago but my cents kept disappearing!

I have 30 odd quid in reep cents. Not enough to cash out and all I have enough for is a hot towel shave! I'm a girl so no interest in that :P

I'm sending them an email to ask can I just cash out. I'll report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Let us know what they will reply. If only they could allow cash out for those who have less than 50 euro...but I doubt it, especially when recently they were constantly trying to reduce users' amount by running draws and removing reepcents without requiring your consent, etc..

It was obvious after February that something serious was going on.. actions spoke louder than words..
    It's a pity because it was not bad as an idea and business model.

All the best for the people worked there, the Reep team..

• Advertisement

I doubt they will allow me but it's worth a punt. I have enough for a hot towel shave and then 15 quid left over which I can do nothing with :/

I'm sure plenty others in the same boat.

What about cinema tickets? I can see this option in my account

Bowling and cinema it is then. Still leaves an unusable amount.

This does show the problem of letting amounts build with a service like this but its not like they allowed cashout any lower. I have ~80 quid on one survey site but I know the company behind it is rock solid financially but I'll be making sure to keep withdrawing from others.

Cinema tickets not showing for me :confused:

I can only see hot towel shave, bowling for 6 and a night in a hotel.

Edit: I have the app on my ipad. Just tried to download it to my android phone and it's gone from the store. Hmph.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Claimed voucher nothig happened tried again...sorry u used the code....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just checked my account on the app. It's showing as €00.00, when I know that I had about €30 there

tharmor wrote: »
    Claimed voucher nothig happened tried again...sorry u used the code....

The same just happened to me with the cinema voucher. I have no idea now if it went through. Do we usually receive the ticket through post? Has anyone ever tried?
    dudara wrote: »
    Just checked my account on the app. It's showing as €00.00, when I know that I had about €30 there

When was the last time you checked it? Had you ever opted out from some draws which took place a few weeks ago? If not, that could possibly be the reason, although I wouldn't expect all the amount gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A few days ago, spo I'm pretty sure about the balance. I've dropped them an email, but realistically I'm not holding my breath

dudara wrote: »
    A few days ago, spo I'm pretty sure about the balance. I've dropped them an email, but realistically I'm not holding my breath

It happened recently to a few other people as well and they returned their amount back (as read from facebook page).
    But this was before they announced closing down..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Tried to claim the bowling. Entered details, pressed submit, page hung, resubmitted only to be told link already used. No idea if it worked.

Advertisement