Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Gmail glitch

Options
  • 19-04-2016 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks,

Here is a strange one for you all.

I was checking my email the other day and received this, my monthly Meteor bill. Nothing out of the ordinary - notice the date of the email in the main view is April 18th:

383685.png

The strangeness starts when I open the email
    1. My name isnt there, just FIRST_NAME
    2. the date is April 16th
    3. The value is €24, about €12 less than my actual bill
    383687.png

In all the search views etc it includes the correct details, i.e. my name is in there, the date is Apr 18th, the correct value is in the preview (not visible in this photo but visible on a larger screen)
    383686.png

What in the name of jaysus is this all about? And more importantly, will google give me money for pointing out a glitch in their system?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

When you hover over the meteor from address, does it match the other one's? I'm thinking it could be a spam/phishing mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This is a phishing email. Some scumbag has started targeting meteor in the last week. Delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

ED E wrote: »
    This is a phishing email. Some scumbag has started targeting meteor in the last week. Delete it.

I thought that too at first. But
    - The sender is the just normal sender - Meteor <noreply@bills.meteor.ie>
    - The date isn't embedded in the email, it is in the "Gmail" part of the email
    - The links all redirect to Meteors own website
    - It is gmail that is presenting the email differently in the different views (Search results show €39.81 in the summary, when I click the email it says €24.36)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

Check the headers. It's likely phishing.
    I don't think Meteor generally send out emails alerting you of your bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Note the identical figure:

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057586440

• Advertisement
Advertisement