Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My RetroPie bartop build

• 19-04-2016 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭

Just to spread the joy - here's my bartop arcade build (retroPie based).
    Has USB port on the side (nicely tucked in the wood - no ugly plastic bezels etc), two stereo jack inputs (front panel - the two small "holes" beside player buttons), the monitor is covered with 6mm laminated glass). The "inside" can be accessed from behind and from the bottom (which makes control panel servicing a breeze). And a few more custom made "features". There's also a button on each sides (which is rather hard to see on the picture). Took a lot of effort and time to make it all... perfect ;)

The photo is rather cra..y as it's not straight (the arcade is!) and the colors aren't really great (the arcade is pure white, glossy and shiny, red buttons are really read and not orange-ish etc).

Anyway - here it is!

starcade.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Shiny, nice job, any side pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭damanloox

Will upload more pictures when I have a chance... Hopefully better this time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

nice job, what have yo done to attach the bezel ? Is that glass or perspex ?

bennyc wrote: »
    nice job, what have yo done to attach the bezel ? Is that glass or perspex ?

The bezel is "custom made" - cut from tile trim, glued, then painted and then fitted (as I said - it took effort and time to make it all right ;) The monitor had it's bezel removed so that it's flush with the glass.
    And it's glass - 6.4mm laminated glass to be precise ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

That is savage. Fair play. Jealous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

Nice! What are you doing for turning the Pi on and off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

That's one thing I'm currently trying to figure out myself for my own picade!

Nice! What are you doing for turning the Pi on and off?

Nothing at the moment. I was thinking about dedicated button for power off (and even bought nice small buttons) but couldn't decide on button placement. I'll do it when I have some time (I need to enjoy the thing for some time before I start "upgrading" it and wasting more time ;))
    Anyway - here's very simple and working (tested it myself) solution:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Simple-Raspberry-Pi-Shutdown-Button/?ALLSTEPS

As for power - I have a nice fused switched mains inlet socket at the back. Inside there's jamma power supply which powers all leds and the pi (via custom made USB "dual power outlet" ;)). Tried to make it all nice and clean inside as well ;)
    I'll post some pictures when I have time (I'm moving house now so - need to keep priorities right)

Advertisement