Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jagged Edge Tour 2016

Options
  • 19-04-2016 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭

I did this last Saturday.
    Its a beast , climbing wise, and an enjoyable day in the saddle.
    Started in Crosshaven, and straight away you are climbing to get out of the village. I printed off the list of climbs, with plans to keep tabs on what climbs we were on and how long they dragged for. That went out the window as i lost track , so many drags,pulls , slopes, inclines , uphill and a few climbs also thrown in.
    It was well organised with directional arrows along the route, although there were a few wrong turns taken as the arrows seemed to be mostly in the 'middle' of bends/turns, not before them.
    One major moan, was the state of the roads! Scandalous! More potholes and gravel than tar for a lot of the route, and i know the organisers cant help that , , and the backside suffered along with the legs!!
    A great event, and a great challenge, and perhaps should be better attended than it is at the moment. Probably 350 ish did it.
    Never again? Probably will ........

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭nialljf

i also did this. great route and very well organised. i put in a savage effort for the first half, arriving at the food stop with one of the first groups. i paid for my exuberance in the second half though. will have to be more attentive to pacing for future events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

I chickened out and did the shorter route, plenty of climbing to improve the fitness level. We'll organised and a beautiful route. Onto the kinsale cycle challenge this Saturday, more of the same.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

nialljf wrote: »
    i also did this. great route and very well organised. i put in a savage effort for the first half, arriving at the food stop with one of the first groups. i paid for my exuberance in the second half though. will have to be more attentive to pacing for future events.

Yes, pacing was needed, as the climbs after the food in Timolegue were tough on tired legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I chickened out and did the shorter route, plenty of climbing to improve the fitness level. We'll organised and a beautiful route. Onto the kinsale cycle challenge this Saturday, more of the same.;)

Do you know what the total climbing was on the "pleasure" route?
    I had 1750m done after the "pain" route.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭nialljf

greenspurs wrote: »
    Yes, pacing was needed, as the climbs after the food in Timolegue were tough on tired legs.

fatigue was a big factor after timoleagu. there was fellas all over the road in bandon--clubmen too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

greenspurs wrote: »
    Do you know what the total climbing was on the "pleasure" route?
    I had 1750m done after the "pain" route.

My garmin froze on the day but according to the official map my ride planner 224 meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭straighttohell

Did this 2016, very well organised and top route (the short one). #would recomend to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭straighttohell

Anyone do the 2017 one? Christ the headwind was horrible from Innishannon home. It's a well run Sportive thats fairly priced at 35 quid. It deserves to keep going.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Anyone do the 2017 one? Christ the headwind was horrible from Innishannon home. It's a well run Sportive thats fairly priced at 35 quid. It deserves to keep going.....
    Did it yesterday, great cycle. Wind was a killer alright, luckily with a group who worked together back from Bandon. Would have been a tough one solo!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

did it also, small turnout I thought, well run and nice route, lovely little ramps in the first 80k

can of coke was a nice touch at the stop, good few of our club ended up in a large group back from Bandon, some of the cycling left a lot to be desired by a few lads who jumped in

• Advertisement
Advertisement