Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want broadband only-new phoneline now activated by tech. How long now for broadband?

Options
  • 19-04-2016 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

How long does it take to get broadband from eir now that my phoneline has been installed and tested by the installer as being good to go for fiber.
    What more does Eir have to do? When does it show on their system?

Could I get the modem before weekend??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

How long does it take to get broadband from eir now that my phoneline has been installed and tested by the installer as being good to go for fiber.

Hi Chimichangas,

Thanks for getting in touch :)
    Have you placed an order for efibre? 
    Usually the lead time for an efibre installation would be up to 10 working days as a full installation is required. This would mean a technician would be required to install the service. 

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Hi Chimichangas,

Usually the lead time for an efibre installation would be up to 10 working days as a full installation is required. This would mean a technician would be required to install the service. 

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for replying.

I said originally to eir that I wanted fibre, but was advised that I would need to get a line first??, as there was no line before, and then see what speed is possible, by testing the line etc or something to that effect. 
    I am sure you recognise what I would have been told?

This is actually my second account as the first account was set up for the wrong exchange, and unfortunately....it took 2 weeks for the 24-48 hour cancelling process to cancel my original account.

I have been talking to a number of the technicians that have been in this estate and they say I will be able to get fibre. I was never told that it would take ten days to set up?? Ten more days from when? until I get broadband?
    It seems my phone line hasnt registered yet with Eir as being active and I will have to wait until it does register there before I will know any more about broadband, or even get an idea of when I will have broadband? 

Am I looking at the beginning of May for broadband??

Hi Chimichangas,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for replying.

I said originally to eir that I wanted fibre, but was advised that I would need to get a line first??, as there was no line before, and then see what speed is possible, by testing the line etc or something to that effect. 

This is actually my second account as the first account was set up for the wrong exchange, and unfortunately....it took 2 weeks for the 24-48 hour cancelling process to cancel my original account.

I have been talking to a number of the technicians that have been in this estate and they say I will be able to get fibre. I was never told that it would take ten days to set up?? Ten more days from when? until I get broadband?
    It seems my phone line hasnt registered yet with Eir as being active and I will have to wait until it does register there before I will know any more about broadband, or even get an idea of when I will have broadband? 

No problem Chimichangas,

In most cases where a new line is needed we would be unable to order broadband at point of sale.
    As there is no physical line available to test for broadband we will be unable to order the service. A line would be ordered and installed, once it is installed we would then have it prequaled (tested for broadband). Depending on the test result (some lines are not capable of broadband) we would then place the broadband order.

Please feel free to PM me your account number and I will check if an order for broadband has been placed on your account.

-Pamela 

Hi Chimichangas,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for replying.

No problem Chimichangas,

In most cases where a new line is needed we would be unable to order broadband at point of sale.
    As there is no physical line available to test for broadband we will be unable to order the service. A line would be ordered and installed, once it is installed we would then have it prequaled (tested for broadband). Depending on the test result (some lines are not capable of broadband) we would then place the broadband order.

Please feel free to PM me your account number and I will check if an order for broadband has been placed on your account.

-Pamela 
    That is the strange thing Pamela, I thought once the line is active and working that it could be tested, but I am being told it will take until Friday before it clears at Eir´s end. At the moment the line is working and can make calls. Something about the system not sayinig it will be active and ready for testing until Friday?
    Ten days from Friday then?

Will send you pm now.

Hi Chimichangas,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for replying.

No problem Chimichangas,

-Pamela 
    That is the strange thing Pamela, I thought once the line is active and working that it could be tested, but I am being told it will take until Friday before it clears at Eir´s end. At the moment the line is working and can make calls. Something about the system not sayinig it will be active and ready for testing until Friday?

Will send you pm now.
    Unfortunately not Chimichangas, it can take 24-48 hours for the line to activate on our side.
    I'll take a look at your account and be back to you soon.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Hi Chimichangas,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for replying.

No problem Chimichangas,

-Pamela 

Will send you pm now.
    Unfortunately not Chimichangas, it can take 24-48 hours for the line to activate on our side.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Is my line showing as active yet? Can it be tested today then? The line was installed Tuesday so hopefully the 48-72hrs is up already. 
    I would just like to push the fibre broadband installation along as quickly as possible.

Thanks! :)

Hi Chimichangas,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for replying.

No problem Chimichangas,

-Pamela 

Will send you pm now.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,

Is my line showing as active yet? Can it be tested today then? The line was installed Tuesday so hopefully the 48-72hrs is up already. 
    I would just like to push the fibre broadband installation along as quickly as possible.

I've checked this Chimichangas and your account is active now however your line is only testing for standard broadband.
    I have requested to have your line prequaled (tested for broadband capability), this result should be back by Monday.

I would recommend contacting our sales team Monday on 1800503303 and they would be more than happy to explore the different options available to you :)

-Pamela 

Thats great Pamela, I knew I was missing the terminology. My phone line has only been showing that 'advanced broadband' speel up to a max of 4mb since the actual installation on Tuesday. I was hoping something different would be apparent when it went active on Eir's system.

Thanks for the request for Prequal for broadband. 

I was speaking to one of the network techs and he said I will be able to get the fibre, since all the other houses in the estate have it, including right next door to me, but that another visit will be needed by a tech.
    I hope thats the result I will get on Monday when I ring the sales team.... Otherwise... :/

Thanks for all your help again Pamela! :)

Hi Pamela,

I've checked this Chimichangas and your account is active now however your line is only testing for standard broadband.
    I have requested to have your line prequaled (tested for broadband capability), this result should be back by Monday.

I would recommend contacting our sales team Monday on 1800503303 and they would be more than happy to explore the different options available to you :)

-Pamela 

Thats great Pamela, I knew I was missing the terminology. My phone line has only been showing that 'advanced broadband' speel up to a max of 4mb since the actual installation on Tuesday. I was hoping something different would be apparent when it went active on Eir's system.

Thanks for the request for Prequal for broadband. 

I was speaking to one of the network techs and he said I will be able to get the fibre, since all the other houses in the estate have it, including right next door to me, but that another visit will be needed by a tech.
    I hope thats the result I will get on Monday when I ring the sales team.... Otherwise... :/

Thanks for all your help again Pamela! :)

Hi Pamela,

-Pamela 
    I understand that completely  Chimichangas,
    That's no problem at all :) Please don't hesitate to contact us should you need any further assistance.

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

I have contacted Eir and am being told that I am only able to get broadband at the moment. No difference from last week then when I first had the line installed. 
    The house directly  next door has fibre, as have others in the estate. But I need to wait 10 to 14 days to see if maybe its possible... And i am already disillusioned with other timeframes that eir have given me..

Now there is an overnight test that will be done? that may say when, if I get fibre.

I was frustrated 2 weeks ago, and last week waiting for the phone line to be installed, then waiting to do the prequal test. I am beyond that now.

I doubt you can do anything to help, but the frustration...is incredible..!!! 

I have little confidence in the process now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Pamela,

I have contacted Eir and am being told that I am only able to get broadband at the moment. No difference from last week then when I first had the line installed. 
    The house directly  next door has fibre, as have others in the estate. But I need to wait 10 to 14 days to see if maybe its possible... And i am already disillusioned with other timeframes that eir have given me..

Now there is an overnight test that will be done? that may say when, if I get fibre.

I was frustrated 2 weeks ago, and last week waiting for the phone line to be installed, then waiting to do the prequal test. I am beyond that now.

I doubt you can do anything to help, but the frustration...is incredible..!!! 

I have little confidence in the process now.
    Hi Chimichangas, 

I've spoken to our eFibre operations team in relation to this and I'm afraid the eFibre service is not available at your address as of yet. The service is subject to availability and not all customers will be able to avail of the service. 

I've checked our current roll out files and you are not on this unfortunately, the next one is due in a few months times feel free to check back with us then.

Apologies for all delays and inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Hi,

I contacted Eir customer support on the 25th April to cancel, and they convinced me to wait while they retest my line, which i believe was previous to my reading of Eir:traceys reply that my address is not due to get fibre any time soon, although it is already in my estate...
    I must have finally confirmed cancellation of my account on the Tuesday or Wednesday, when those tests which I am guessing were just wasting more time(??) came back negative.

I then noticed that I had a strange direct debit today, one that was unexpected because Eir were the only ones who could direct debit me, but I had cancelled within the cooling off period?
    This must have been about 7-10days from the installation of phone line, and I confirmed with customer support that I wouldnt be charged; according to one of the loyalty team(?) I could expect emails and letters but it was only going through a process and that nothing would need to be done by me or would any fees be charged.

so I was quite surprised to see that I was hit with a direct debit fee from Eir?

So why was money taken from my account?

I also checked my emails and saw that there was a confirmation email of cancellation only on the 4th May which would only take effect from 30 days of then???

Then I was sent another info email of a bill on the 5th May for 26.14, which was taken from my account today.
    I didnt see either email originally or I might have thought to doublecheck that I wouldnt be charged and as to what the 30days notice are??
    I was a customer of a service that I didnt use and cancelled quickly when I realised that it would be inadequate, and continue to be so for the immediate future.

I really cant believe that this rigmarole, which was my experience with EIR from when I was first set up for the wrong exchange, is still continuing!!!

Hi,

I contacted Eir customer support on the 25th April to cancel, and they convinced me to wait while they retest my line, which i believe was previous to my reading of Eir:traceys reply that my address is not due to get fibre any time soon, although it  is already in my estate...
    I must have finally confirmed cancellation of my account on the Tuesday or Wednesday, when those tests which I am guessing were just wasting more time(??) came back negative.

I then noticed that I had a strange direct debit today, one that was unexpected because Eir were the only ones who could direct debit me, but I had cancelled within the cooling off period?
    This must have been about 7-10days from the installation of phone line, and I confirmed with customer support that I wouldnt be charged; according to one of the loyalty team(?) I could expect emails and letters but it was only going through a process and that nothing would need to be done by me or would any fees be charged.

so I was quite surprised to see that I was hit with a direct debit fee from Eir?

So why was money taken from my account?

I also checked my emails and saw that there was a confirmation email of cancellation only on the 4th May which would only take effect from 30 days of then???

Then I was sent another info email of a bill on the 5th May for 26.14, which was taken from my account today.
    I didnt see either email originally or I might have thought to doublecheck that I wouldnt be charged and as to what the 30days notice are??
    I was a customer of a service that I didnt use and cancelled quickly when I realised that it would be inadequate, and continue to be so for the immediate future.

I really cant believe that this rigmarole, which was my experience with EIR from when I was first set up for the wrong exchange, is still continuing!!!
    Hi Chimichangas,

I'm so sorry to hear this, sincere apologies for the issues you have experienced.
    Can you PM me the account  number and I will take a look into this.

-Pamela 

I'm so sorry to hear this, sincere apologies for the issues you have experienced. Can you PM me the account number and I will take a look into this.

It's the same one as before. I PM'd you it previously?

I'm so sorry to hear this, sincere apologies for the issues you have experienced. Can you PM me the account number and I will take a look into this.

I pm'd you earlier today with account number. Thanks for having a look at it.

Originally posted by Eir: Pamela

Originally posted by Chimichangas

No problem ChimichangasI'll be back to you shortly.

-Pamela

Hi Pamela?

I sent you a pm on this issue. Could you please check your inbox, thanks.

-Pamela

Hi Pamela?

I sent you a pm on this issue. Could you please check your inbox, thanks.

-Pamela
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Chimichangas, [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm just going through my PM's now.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

Advertisement