Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are the best threads in AH being moved elsewhere?

Options
  • 19-04-2016 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

First Trivial Annoyances, now Interview the person below you.

These were two of the most entertaining and least likely to descend into an argument threads on AH.

The interview one had been in AH for years. Why are mods making these choices?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

First Trivial Annoyances, now Interview the person below you.

These were two of the most entertaining and least likely to descend into an argument threads on AH.

The interview one had been in AH for years. Why are mods making these choices?

It's all laid out in the thread above you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭thattequilagirl

It's all laid out in the thread above you :)

So basically the forum for having a bit of a chat and a laugh is closing threads where people get too chatty or have too much of a laugh?

Ridiculous decision.

So basically the forum for having a bit of a chat and a laugh is closing threads where people get too chatty or have too much of a laugh?

Ridiculous decision.

That's it. I think the mod team feel that they run the risk of becoming cliquey and alienating some users. While I can understand that I've found them to be quite the opposite. Places to go for a bit of easy going fun away from the more intimidating threads.

The other reason I think is to keep AH a discussion only forum. This is fair enough but some of the threads that get started as you can see yourself are random and silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

As has been pointed out, numerous times, there are places for the threads, they aren't gone, they have moved. Add it to your subs list and what difference does it make where the link you click on brings you to, it's the same thread.

We've seen issues like cliques, etc form before, its why they weren't allowed before. They slipped through and were let run for a while. Chat developed again and we can see cliques forming so the threads are being moved. Chat threads were always a no no for this reason, in AH. It just wasn't enforced recently

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I really don't think we need another thread for this when this thread covers exactly the same ground.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement