Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise needed

Options
  • 19-04-2016 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi

Myself and my husband put offer in on house back in mid Feb had our pre approval mortgage and estate agent said grand , the house is being sold through a bank ( with receiver ) they wanted our letter or loan offer of proof of funds sent that to them in mid March , before they would approve our offer , we are still waiting for them to approve our offer to this date and estate agent keeps saying they have heard nothing back from the bank I've tryed pushing them to get some answers because if it's took this long to even accept our offer how long would they take with contracts , it's at sale agreed as per wastage agent but our offer is still not officially been accepted ? Am I in a positing to to anything st this point ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

I was sale agreed on a receiver sale some time ago, in the end I pulled the plug. Sunk the valuation/survey costs and moved on. Best thing I ever did.

That doesn't mean it'll be for you though. It comes down to how much of a bargain you got. The bank will take their time. Lots of their sweet time to do everything and anything, In my experience anyway. Lots of bureaucracy. The house you're bidding on has to be worth that extra trouble.

If I were you I'd continue on with your offer there, but go back to the market and keep an open mind on houses you go see. Put an offer in if you like somewhere else, if you don't see anywhere, then hopefully the bank come back to you in the meantime!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭pbody1985

Yeh we did get a good deal and it's in an estate that we wanted , just to go sale agreed and not to have accepted our offer kinda worried me ,we have no problem waiting they just taking weeks to come back and we not even near the contracts stage yet we had out our deposit with the estate agent in mid Feb so we 2 months into it now I tryed putting pressure on them and they keep saying will send an email to them , I don't know I think they like to just drag things out

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

Unfortunately that is nature of receiver sales. Banks are incredibly slow. All the EA can do is call regularly for updates but each part of the process seems to take weeks and weeks.
    They are awful. I really hope this gets some speed up soon for you.
    And keep pestering the EA but remember they want it to move forward just as much as you do!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭pbody1985

Thanks , yeh we are just so so worried I knew it was going to take long but to not hear anything back u just keep worrying and thinking the worst , we will hold out as its the house we want and battled for it with another bidder so I ant giving up :)

Advertisement