Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bar / Off-licence Rockfield Dundrum

Options
  • 19-04-2016 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know who has let the bar at the Ballaly Luas stop? There's been work going on in there the past few days!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Chelon

No idea but looks like a major refit job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Chelon wrote: »
    No idea but looks like a major refit job.

To be honest, I think a major re-fit was required!
    Curious to see what will go in there.
    With Winters gone now too, there is probably room for a pub/club in the area. Although the fact others didn't survive may say otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    To be honest, I think a major re-fit was required!
    Curious to see what will go in there.
    With Winters gone now too, there is probably room for a pub/club in the area. Although the fact others didn't survive may say otherwise.

Winters is gone???

The reviews for both are pretty awful online I think the problem is they thought they could get away with just having a good location and not a good service.

I'd love if a galway bay brewery pub opened up there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Winters is gone???

The reviews for both are pretty awful online I think the problem is they thought they could get away with just having a good location and not a good service.

I'd love if a galway bay brewery pub opened up there

I may have to confirm my Winters statement? :p
    It's possible just Parker Brown's is gone.

I definitely heard/noticed a change at some point but haven't been looking for a pub in Dundrum in ages so haven't really cared (babies have a way of distracting form drinking knowledge)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Trankton

Rumour has it There's a really nice gastro pub going in. Full refit of the premises and 3fe coffee going in the off license section! Can't wait for it to open, exactly what our area needs!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Conoroh24

Hi guys,

Just to respond to the question above, this thread was brought to my attention by a friend. We are planning to open a gastro pub with a very food orientated offering. We will also be opening a coffee shop where the off license was and have partnered up with 3fe Coffee to do this. We are hoping to have the whole project wrapped up within 2 months. Anyone with any questions feel free to pop your head in the door and say hi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

Conoroh24 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just to respond to the question above, this thread was brought to my attention by a friend. We are planning to open a gastro pub with a very food orientated offering. We will also be opening a coffee shop where the off license was and have partnered up with 3fe Coffee to do this. We are hoping to have the whole project wrapped up within 2 months. Anyone with any questions feel free to pop your head in the door and say hi.

Fantastic! Just what the area needs

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mjp

Any idea on opening date for new bar? They will miss a trick if don't have it ready for the Euros in mid June

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Conoroh24

The coffee shop is due to be open Friday 20th May and the bar will be open first week of July, unfortunately we will miss the launch of the euros but we would rather have the quality and preparations spot on instead of rushing to open.

Cheers

Brickyard Gastropub & Grindstone coffee team

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mjp

Any sign of bar opening?? Have an awful lip on me for a pint !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Still no movement here?

Go past twice a day and no sign of it opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

mjp wrote: »
    Have an awful lip on me for a pint !!!

Is that an Irish phrase?
    Love it...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oasisfan

Hey Guys!!

There was a small delay with the pub, but its in full swing at the moment, due to open up first week of September if not then deffo the second week!!

Serving quality craft beers, ciders and great wine offering!

Met the guys last week (Conor above is one of the owners) and it looks amazing they showed me around!

Food menu they talked about sounds tasty and they claim they will be serving food until around 10pm maybe even later which is badly needed in this area I feel!! Cant wait to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FredDunkirk

oasisfan wrote: »
    Hey Guys!!

There was a small delay with the pub, but its in full swing at the moment, due to open up first week of September if not then deffo the second week!!

Serving quality craft beers, ciders and great wine offering!

Met the guys last week (Conor above is one of the owners) and it looks amazing they showed me around!

Food menu they talked about sounds tasty and they claim they will be serving food until around 10pm maybe even later which is badly needed in this area I feel!! Cant wait to see it!

Excellent news. Are there any plans for growler filling being involved?

Has the coffee shop been shelved then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Has the coffee shop been shelved then?

Nope the coffee shop has been open for awhile now and the pub opened last night.

I'm heading over in a while to check out the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭offalyred

The new gastropub is open now, guys. renamed the Brickyard. Was there on Friday night. Really buzzing. 18 taps mostly Irish craft beer with a couple of top German lagers. A Lagunitas IPA and a Brewdog too. Quite a change in style from the previous establishment. Not doing the full food menu when I was there but told it will be coming shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭offalyred

Brickyard Dundrum on opening night.399694535662551909

Frynge wrote: »
    Nope the coffee shop has been open for awhile now and the pub opened last night.

I'm heading over in a while to check out the pub.

Cheers. Never looked open when I was going past.

Looked closer today and I see they have finally taken down the Rockfield sign....that may have been throwing me.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is this like a pub you would go for pints or somewhere you'd go to get food?

The photos on their facebook suggest it's more geared towards food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

It is kinda both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

to be fair dundrum house does a cracking job in village too, but this is a nice choice and will be visiting soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 SummerTime14

This place look great – must try it out! One thing I noticed though as I was looking at the Brunch menu for tomorrow was the price of the Chicken Wings! €9.50/€15.00 seems incredibly expensive for this considering that the most popular places for wings in Dublin (Canal Bank Café, Tribecca, Elephant & Castle) don’t charge this much for a portion (labelled as a starter but really a main course given the amount you get in all three places!) It will be interesting to see what the Brickyard serve up by comparison.

Advertisement