Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Figure of Hate sportive....

Options
  • 19-04-2016 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

anyone seen this?
    http://www.figureofhate.com/

A mate of mine asked me would I be interested in doing it.
    I did the maratona dles dolomites last summer, its shorter but has not a whole heap less climbing. So I think this would be doable, albeit a killer, if (big iF!) I was as fit as last summer, which I absolutely am not!
    So cant see myself signing up, as I just aint gonna be able to put the hours in to get ready for this.
    But it really does look murder!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

terrydel wrote: »
    .......But it really does look murder!
    The proposed Boards.ie Evil ride for 2016 is a lot longer and has more climbing (and it won't cost you anything!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

The proposed Boards.ie Evil ride for 2016 is a lot longer and has more climbing (and it won't cost you anything!).

You can tell me all about it when you're finished! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Woah, that looks cool. And I love the idea of a long one in September. You've a long summer to be preparing and training. Anyone doing their bit should be in fine fettle for September. A fine summer swansong!

fat bloke wrote: »
    Woah, that looks cool. And I love the idea of a long one in September. You've a long summer to be preparing and training. Anyone doing their bit should be in fine fettle for September. A fine summer swansong!

Weather could be awful tho.

Anyone signed up for this?
    I wont be going myself, but two of my mates are going.
    Did the maratona with them last year and they both struggled on the hills, I finished about 30 mins ahead of them. They've done a lot less training this year, so I'm worried for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

terrydel wrote: »
    ... I finished about 30 mins ahead of them. They've done a lot less training this year, so I'm worried for them!
    It seems to be the opposite for me when I do sportives with lads who have done little on the bike. I did LBL last year with 5 other lads, 3 who rarely get out on the bike. Those 3 finished ahead of me - one of them 3 hours ahead (and his lowest gear was 39/25!).

Advertisement