Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q for Garda re fingerprinting

• 19-04-2016 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Im not sure if anyone will really know what I am on about here or be able to help me. Basically was caught with personal amount of cannabis. Went to court and was given a slip of paper saying i needed to go to a police station and get finger prints and picture taken.

So when I was getting the finger prints taken today, a couple of times we had to re-do a finger etc. At one point she done a finger scan and said I think "this shouldnt match either" Then the machine went green and said match and she said "oh it did" and continued on doing the other fingers etc.

After leaving there Im getting worried that the thing matched by fingerprints to something in their database and thats why it came up as matched. I havent done any burglaries or any thieving or anything so I know im probably just being paranoid and that the green "match" thing was just saying the prints were correctly done.

She didnt say anything when it said matched other than what i wrote above. Im guessing that if it did match with something in their crime database or whatever she would have said it there and then ya and investigated the incident or whatever it was.

Only reason I can think of why my prints would be there is that a pub I worked in years ago was broken into while I worked there and they took finger prints afaik from the place.

Either way I am now paranoid that I committed a murder in my sleep and soon will have detectives kicking in my door lol. Seriously though, all I can think of is that I could have lost a bag of cannabis years ago and they lifted prints off it. That seems highly unlikely to me.

Im trying to avoid a conviction for possession because I have no previous and its a major block to travel and some work, particularly the type of work that would come from my college degree.

Anyone shine some light on this?

Also does everyone who pleads guilty in District Court have prints and photos taken?

Thanks

Richy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

It's just your individual print matching up with the others already taken. fingertip has to overlap with finger and finger with palm.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

It's just your individual print matching up with the others already taken. fingertip has to overlap with finger and finger with palm.

Thanks for the reply CuChulainn

Advertisement